Bellamy on his future (and the fall out) {merged}

Re: Bellamy on his future

macmanson said:
Shaelumstash said:
You know what, I agree with you, i've probably not looked at that angle before but you are right. Mancini is more open with the media than most managers, and this has perhaps set a precendant with the squad to do the same.

I stand by that what Bellamy did was still out of order though, without wanting to sound cliched - 2 wrongs don't make a right. My overriding point on this whole thread remains the same, it is absurd to criticise Robinho and then come out and defend Bellamy. It is the same double standards repeating themselves.

In all honesty, I think the Robinho thing has to do with him "letting" down the fans. His signing was the first big step the club took towards the top and he became symbolic of that. His subsequent bad performances last season and talking in the press about wanting to play elsewhere came across as a sense of betrayal. I think he's now become a symbol of the "typical city" where even when we have money we can't get it right. He now represents what a lot of fans want to move on from and so I don't think he'll ever have a chance to redeem himself in some fan's eyes.

On Robinho. If I heard right, in his latest comments, he actually used the word 'respect' in relation to city. If he can prove it's more than a word, he could easily be redeemed in my eyes.

On the other issue.... where did Mancini make any comment about Bellamy's future? I do remember raising an eyebrow at his comments on Stephen. On the other hand, remember his comments on Tevez/Adebayor, if they are not happy, it's best for everyone if they leave? Last time I checked, they're both here. He said that the principle extended to everyone.

anyway, I'm not really sure how managers can be expected to avoid talking about the future of their players. not really sure if they should, either...it's their job to make those decisions, and to enact them. surely that's the natural order of things.

if you don't respect the manger or the club, you are better off out of it. if the manager senses it, within reason, I absolutely would prefer him to engineer them out of the club. but it's never too late for the player to try and make amends, is it?

stony said:
Shaelumstash said:
Trying to score points because of whether Bellamy was speaking at a conference arranged by the Welsh FA or not really holds no relevance to what we are talking about does it? If it makes you feel better though, I hold my hands up, I was wrong, I didn't realise the interview took place in a Welsh FA arranged venue. I'm truly sorry.

Of course it holds relevance. You post insinuated that Bellamy arranged an interview with Sky purely for malicious purposes. That would have been a completely different scenario.
The simple fact that he was only replying honestly to questions put to him in an already arranged interview isn't quite as sensational is it.
You should work for a tabloid mate. They love poorly researched rants bathed in half truths and self righteous indignation.

When you are researching my posts, which I know you like to do, you really should be more thorough and then we can have a debate instead of a point scoring argument. In my post where I "insinuated" he arranged an interview for "malicious" purposes, I actually said the following:

"I think you're being naiive. He's called an interview with Sky Sports News to air his greivances with the club. He should not be giving negative views on the club to the media while still employed by us, whether they are his honest opinions or not."

I have since apologised and rescinded the comment about him calling the press conference. If you tell me it was a pre-arranged Welsh FA interview, i'll take you on trust. The rest of my post still holds true:

1. While employed by City he should not be giving negative views of the club to the media. Whether he airs those views in an interview arranged by him, or one arranged by the Welsh FA is completely irrelevant. The point remains, he should not be airing them to the media at all.

2. My other point is that if he has not spoken to Mancini for 6 months, he should be raising his concerns to him, certainly before he does to the media.

3. My 3rd point is the hypocrisy of City fans who lambast other players for saying negative things to the media, but then defend Bellamy's right to do so because they like him as a player.

You always seem to avoid these issues in your posts, but if you want to debate points 1, 2 or 3, I will happily listen to your opinion. If you only want to keep harping on about who arranged the press conference, i'm really not interested. Evidently I was wrong on that issue, I've apologised. Let's move on and talk about something relevant.

bellamy falls out with his manager & wants to leave /quit

sounds familiar

thanks & goodbye

oh and as usual its not his fault

Lomas has a lob on said:
Bellamy, Mancini, and Manchester City are all victims of this new twenty five man squad rule. It's thrown a massive spanner in the works, listen to any manager and there all complaining about it. This thread has turned into a witch hunt for someone to blame, well know one at City, including Bellamy or Mancini is to blame for this.
And on the subject of Mancini not talking to Bellamy for six months, I cant believe people are taking that so literally!! With my own eyes I've seen them in dialogue during breaks in games, what Bellamy is alluding to, is that Mancini hasn't spoke with him out of football (like having him in the office for a chat, or pulling him to one side at training to have a chat about his future etc).
Bellamy may not know what hid future holds, but he knew exactly what he was doing in that interview, I dont blame him as my first paragraph explains, but its strange how he suddenly comes out so damnigly towards City whilst away on international duty. That interview is basically saying "come and get me". I wish him well wherever he goes, he was great for us, but City should try and sell or loan him to Celtic.

Engineering a move?
Or Dissing Mancini & City Mangement?
Either ways most of us can see through it.

Shaelumstash said:
1. While employed by City he should not be giving negative views of the club to the media. Whether he airs those views in an interview arranged by him, or one arranged by the Welsh FA is completely irrelevant. The point remains, he should not be airing them to the media at all.

The club have made it clear he is surplus to requirements. Why should he continue to show loyalty to a manager and a club that don't rate him and are trying to sell him. We're talking about a player who was arguably(with the exception of Tevez) our best player for the majority of last season.
Shaelumstash said:
2. My other point is that if he has not spoken to Mancini for 6 months, he should be raising his concerns to him, certainly before he does to the media.
Mancini hasn't spoken to him in 6 months. That's poor man management however you look at it. Apart from that, if you had performed as Bellamy has why should he need to speak to Mancini. If Bellamy thinks he's doing his job and doing it well, he would have no need whatsoever to knock on Mancinis door. It's only this transfer window that Bellamy has been told he's surplus to requirements.
Shaelumstash said:
3. My 3rd point is the hypocrisy of City fans who lambast other players for saying negative things to the media, but then defend Bellamy's right to do so because they like him as a player.
I still don't see why you have a problem with his comments. However, his 100% commitment in training and out on the pitch has earned him the right to have his say.
Narcissistic little gobshites like Robinho have earned fuck all.
Shaelumstash said:
You always seem to avoid these issues in your posts, but if you want to debate points 1, 2 or 3, I will happily listen to your opinion. If you only want to keep harping on about who arranged the press conference, i'm really not interested. Evidently I was wrong on that issue, I've apologised. Let's move on and talk about something relevant.

Happy now.

Shaelumstash said:
stony said:
Of course it holds relevance. You post insinuated that Bellamy arranged an interview with Sky purely for malicious purposes. That would have been a completely different scenario.
The simple fact that he was only replying honestly to questions put to him in an already arranged interview isn't quite as sensational is it.
You should work for a tabloid mate. They love poorly researched rants bathed in half truths and self righteous indignation.

When you are researching my posts, which I know you like to do, you really should be more thorough and then we can have a debate instead of a point scoring argument. In my post where I "insinuated" he arranged an interview for "malicious" purposes, I actually said the following:

"I think you're being naiive. He's called an interview with Sky Sports News to air his greivances with the club. He should not be giving negative views on the club to the media while still employed by us, whether they are his honest opinions or not."

I have since apologised and rescinded the comment about him calling the press conference. If you tell me it was a pre-arranged Welsh FA interview, i'll take you on trust. The rest of my post still holds true:

If its a Welsh FA venue he should be discussing about his national team rather than be prepared to air his anti City managemnt diatribe..
I suppose after 8 clubs, Bellamy & his supporters/apologists/agent are well honed and oiled to roll out his PR machine. THats what you have to contend with!
For example
1. Its not Bellamy's fault for Scholes' goal but blame it on Ireland
2. Mancini never come to me to communicate that I'm his 2nd best player etc.
3. He is an indefatigable Player who gave his all, always backtracks etc.
4. He is a Legend (after 1 season?)
Shall I continue?

Shaelumstash said:
stony said:
The club have made it clear he is surplus to requirements. Why should he continue to show loyalty to a manager and a club that don't rate him and are trying to sell him. We're talking about a player who was arguably(with the exception of Tevez) our best player for the majority of last season.
Where have the club made it clear he is surplus to requirements? All I've heard is Mancini say he has not decided on his final 25, and that Ireland, Bellamy, Richards etc could possibly not make it because we are only allowed to name 25. As an earlier poster said, he also said Tevez could leave if he was not happy, it doesn't mean he's made it clear he is surplus to requirements does it?

He should be showing us loyalty because he is still employed by us.

Shaelumstash said:
stony said:
Mancini hasn't spoken to him in 6 months. That's poor man management however you look at it. Apart from that, if you had performed as Bellamy has why should he need to speak to Mancini. If Bellamy thinks he's doing his job and doing it well, he would have no need whatsoever to knock on Mancinis door. It's only this transfer window that Bellamy has been told he's surplus to requirements.
Bellamy has not been told he is surplus to requirements. He said in his interview he doesn't know whether he will be in the 25 and has not spoken to Mancini about it. Perhaps if he spoke to him directly he would have a clearer picture?

Shaelumstash said:
stony said:
I still don't see why you have a problem with his comments. However, his 100% commitment in training and out on the pitch has earned him the right to have his say.
Narcissistic little gobshites like Robinho have earned fuck all.
I don't need to illustrate my point on this one, because you do it for me with your answer.
Shaelumstash said:
stony said:
Happy now.

Delighted

masterwig said:
I have a horrible feeling we'll keep Jo over Bellers which is ridiculous really.

Not to mention Richards and SWP. Just seen his interview on SS and he seems pretty certain he wont be chosen. Also says that he hasn't spoken to Mancini since Feb which is quite incredible when you think about. Maybe thats his style of management but reading between the lines he's not too been too impressed with this. I can't imagine Woy or harry ignoring their best players. All in all Craig has been a fantastic player and some lucky bastard of a club is going to benefit from our poor management . Oh well I suppose we have the joy of seeing SWP run into cul de sacs and Richards wonderful positional play and tracking back to look forward too instead. Yippee!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.