Bellamy on his future (and the fall out) {merged}

Re: Bellamy on his future

dctid said:
Disagree - what Bellamy was saying is that he wants to stay at City and he is gutted that he is likely to be left out - we have all been there when you can see something that is likely to happen before it happens but there is fook all you can do about it. If he is sold its not because his performances were lacking its because there appears to be an issue with him and Mancini - most fans would want him to stay - he wants to stay - had the most assists of any City player last year and 3rd highest goal scorer - if Jo is retained above him (as it appears likely) its a fookin disgrace and the club needs to be award of that.

The problem as you call it seems to have been between Bellamy and Mancini, ie he didn't like doing what he was asked. His performances at the latter end of last season were nothing great if we're honest. His best games for us were before Hughes left, and mostly before christmas, and its not coincidence that there have been numerous press stories (not that I believe what old hacks say) that he wasn't happy with Mancini. Well he's the boss so CB should just deal with it.

Mancini was asking for this to happen, and it's unfair on the players, he kept buying and buying and buying, trying to make it a super dream team, but big players will get pushed out and will want to leave. The likes of Given and Bellamy both desperately want to stay and play for City, both at near enough the end of their careers and don't want to waste time standing on the sidelines. But these days football is about many things but not loyalty. Perfection is what people are trying to reach and young and/or English are attractive, so we'll push out players like Bellamy, Given..like we did Dunne and we'll be kicking ourselves for it when we need them most. Genuinely there isn't another player who gives more than they do, in training, on the field..etc. but we're pushing them out. And don't talk to me about saying they should stick around and fight it out. Given spent 10 years plus of his career fighting off Harper who is a bloody good keeper, giving it his all, Bellamy is finally settled at a club and both are in their 30s. Mancini knows what will happen if he doesn't play them, we all knew this would happen and we're annoyed or upset when the players confirm what we predicted.

You can talk about contracts and wages all ye want, but these players aren't robots and will look for football somewhere else if they're not getting it now. We all knew this would happen, but Mancini is too busy trying to turn this club into Real Madrid that he doesn't see that our core players, of this team, on and off the field are being pushed out. I mean who else? Because at the end of the day wages whatever they are does not put aside the main fact that they are footballers and what they want to do is play football, not warm the bench while the manager tries to bring as many flashy personalities and players he can to the club.

Bellamy and Given are two massive personalites behind the scene, if we loose one, never mind both, we'll feel it on the pitch.

We treat these players like robots because they get paid, at the end of the day, they're footballers, they both desperately want to stay, are desperate to play, but want to be playing in the time they've left, not sitting on the sidelines, especially when neither have done anything to deserve to be dropped, other than being the wrong side of 30.
The players at the core of the side and wondering whether there's room for them anymore..if we loose our characters and our leaders we'll be in all sorts of trouble, never mind when the pressure comes on, we will fold.

cleavers said:
dctid said:
Disagree - what Bellamy was saying is that he wants to stay at City and he is gutted that he is likely to be left out - we have all been there when you can see something that is likely to happen before it happens but there is fook all you can do about it. If he is sold its not because his performances were lacking its because there appears to be an issue with him and Mancini - most fans would want him to stay - he wants to stay - had the most assists of any City player last year and 3rd highest goal scorer - if Jo is retained above him (as it appears likely) its a fookin disgrace and the club needs to be award of that.

The problem as you call it seems to have been between Bellamy and Mancini, ie he didn't like doing what he was asked. His performances at the latter end of last season were nothing great if we're honest. His best games for us were before Hughes left, and mostly before christmas, and its not coincidence that there have been numerous press stories (not that I believe what old hacks say) that he wasn't happy with Mancini. Well he's the boss so CB should just deal with it.

There is an awful lot of shit wrote about out club and you are making assumptions that quite frankly you cant substantiate - he is a quality quality player and what he had to say in the interview was positive ie he wants to stay - he wants to play at City and he wants to be part of it - its fair to say that he understands Mancini will be the manager and he will knickle down - that the guy - he might grumble but that the guy he is - fookin hell we are looking at signing Balotelli who make Bellamy look like a fookin angel.

If he goes to a Liverpool or a Spuds he will make them stronger and us weaker thats a fact - we all work with people we maybe dont like that much but we get on with it - Mancini a wake up call.

I believe in life that what goes around come around and the way we are off loading players will bite us in the arse. There is a place for Bellars in this team and he should be given that place.

Or maybe you want Jo instead because that is what you are going to get

It's one hell of an attack on the club. The media have been dreaming about quotes like these.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/192507/Craig-Bellamy-s-Manchester-City-hell/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/vie ... City-hell/</a>

“I’m probably more unwanted than I’ve ever been. From the media department to everyone, I’ve felt that I’m being pushed aside there.

“I know I can offer something at the club. But with this 25-man rule, if I don’t get in, which is likely, then I don’t know what I will do.

“I haven’t spoken to the manager since February. There’s a number of players, like [Carlos] Tevez and me, who he doesn’t speak to and keeps us away. I’m not sure if it’s personal, maybe it is the way he deals with things and is his manner.

“But I’ve got a fair indication of what they all think though, as I’ve had 80 minutes in pre-season. I’ve even seen the past three years get more minutes than me.”

“I’ve turned down Wolfsburg – they are the only club they tried to push me into.

“They wanted Dzeko so were pushing for a deal and wanted me to go the other way. But I don’t want to move abroad for family reasons. I’ve still had more offers than ever and felt more wanted elsewhere. Spurs have tried for me but Man City have declined. “There has been two clubs in the top seven who have tried to get me. Man City obviously want me to go, but not to one of their rivals.

“The only games I could get until January now are with the reserves. I can’t get my head around it. I’m so dejected and disheartened I could even walk away from the game for good.”

IrishMacca said:
Mancini was asking for this to happen, and it's unfair on the players, he kept buying and buying and buying, trying to make it a super dream team, but big players will get pushed out and will want to leave. The likes of Given and Bellamy both desperately want to stay and play for City, both at near enough the end of their careers and don't want to waste time standing on the sidelines. But these days football is about many things but not loyalty. Perfection is what people are trying to reach and young and/or English are attractive, so we'll push out players like Bellamy, Given..like we did Dunne and we'll be kicking ourselves for it when we need them most. Genuinely there isn't another player who gives more than they do, in training, on the field..etc. but we're pushing them out. And don't talk to me about saying they should stick around and fight it out. Given spent 10 years plus of his career fighting off Harper who is a bloody good keeper, giving it his all, Bellamy is finally settled at a club and both are in their 30s. Mancini knows what will happen if he doesn't play them, we all knew this would happen and we're annoyed or upset when the players confirm what we predicted.

You can talk about contracts and wages all ye want, but these players aren't robots and will look for football somewhere else if they're not getting it now. We all knew this would happen, but Mancini is too busy trying to turn this club into Real Madrid that he doesn't see that our core players, of this team, on and off the field are being pushed out. I mean who else? Because at the end of the day wages whatever they are does not put aside the main fact that they are footballers and what they want to do is play football, not warm the bench while the manager tries to bring as many flashy personalities and players he can to the club.

Bellamy and Given are two massive personalites behind the scene, if we loose one, never mind both, we'll feel it on the pitch.

We treat these players like robots because they get paid, at the end of the day, they're footballers, they both desperately want to stay, are desperate to play, but want to be playing in the time they've left, not sitting on the sidelines, especially when neither have done anything to deserve to be dropped, other than being the wrong side of 30.
The players at the core of the side and wondering whether there's room for them anymore..if we loose our characters and our leaders we'll be in all sorts of trouble, never mind when the pressure comes on, we will fold.

he was lost to this club from the moment they hung hughes out to dry.

he is a big personality alright, but it's no good if he doesn't love the club in the same way any more. he has a lot of heart but it doesn't belong to MCFC, he'll never forgive them. he'll keep on working his socks off, but the antipathy will keep on seeping out of him, he'll unconciously contrive to do extremely unhelpful things, always at the worse possible moment, and he'll continue to do so, unless he can recognise what's going on, forgive and forget.

and he just aint that sort of guy.

seeing ballo last night (and considerable judgement on watching him in serie a last season), i am still not confident if he can fill the 3rd striker role if robinho leaves and bellers is forced out.So it would be a huge mistake letting bellamy leave considering he had good season last year .He is def. working hard in the training to show gaffer he is worthy to stay here and there is no doubt that he works tirelessly when he puts a man c shirt.Even though he is an arrogant twat with some serious attitude problem ,i feel it would be a huge gamble if he is left out , considering robinho can leave too .There is still space for 5 strikers and i think mancini can easily accomodate all of tevez , ade , bellers , ballo and robinho but if he just forces him out considering his relationship with him rather than footballing passion and hardwork , it will be a huge mistake since we have a long season ahead.I think mancini will include him but he needs to speak to players and assure them rather than having a cold relation.It would not do good to anyone .

Chick Counterfly said:
macmanson said:
In all honesty, I think the Robinho thing has to do with him "letting" down the fans. His signing was the first big step the club took towards the top and he became symbolic of that. His subsequent bad performances last season and talking in the press about wanting to play elsewhere came across as a sense of betrayal. I think he's now become a symbol of the "typical city" where even when we have money we can't get it right. He now represents what a lot of fans want to move on from and so I don't think he'll ever have a chance to redeem himself in some fan's eyes.

On Robinho. If I heard right, in his latest comments, he actually used the word 'respect' in relation to city. If he can prove it's more than a word, he could easily be redeemed in my eyes.

On the other issue.... where did Mancini make any comment about Bellamy's future? I do remember raising an eyebrow at his comments on Stephen. On the other hand, remember his comments on Tevez/Adebayor, if they are not happy, it's best for everyone if they leave? Last time I checked, they're both here. He said that the principle extended to everyone.

anyway, I'm not really sure how managers can be expected to avoid talking about the future of their players. not really sure if they should, either...it's their job to make those decisions, and to enact them. surely that's the natural order of things.

if you don't respect the manger or the club, you are better off out of it. if the manager senses it, within reason, I absolutely would prefer him to engineer them out of the club. but it's never too late for the player to try and make amends, is it?

Mancini admits Bellamy may have no place at City
By Soccernet staff

July 27, 2010

Roberto Mancini has admitted that Craig Bellamy may not make Manchester City's 25-man squad for the new Premier League season.

Craig Bellamy may be surplus to requirements

• Rules give Fergie a headache
• Woodgate to miss out on Spurs squad
• Rules force City to sell

Under new rules introduced this season, on September 1 Premier League clubs must name a squad of 25 players to represent the club until January. Eight of those players must have spent at least three years at an English or Welsh club before the age of 21, but an unlimited number of players under 21 can be used.

City are overloaded having continued their extravagant spending this summer, meaning some players will have to depart or risk spending the first half of the season sitting in the club's reserves.

Bellamy, who has been linked with a move to Tottenham, was in tremendous form last season for City but Mancini says there is no guarantee he will be part of the club's plans. Stephen Ireland, City's Player of the Year for the 2008-09 season, is also at risk.

"I have not decided anything about Stephen Ireland. It is up to him to prove himself to me," Mancini said in the Daily Express. "It is clear that some players are going to be left off that list. I am not sure yet if one of those will be Craig Bellamy."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=810375&cc=5901

Notice the July 27th date, nearly 2 weeks ago. I've seen another version of the article where he also mentions RSC along with Bellamy as players he doubts will be in the final 25.

Bellamy didn't do anything the manager hasn't done. If you want the players to stop going to the press than our manager has to lead by example. However we all know he's silently transfer listing these players as has already been stated in this thread. Platt was apparently brought in to be a go between with the players and Mancini because he has such a poor relationship with them.

IrishMacca said:

Ever heard of the 'UEFA Fair Play Rules'? These are going to kick in very soon. If we don't get into the CL, this season probably, we are not going to be able to comply with these rules. Mancini is totally correct to bring in the best talent he can as quickly as possible. ADUG want to build City into a world class club but it has to be done fast if it's going to be done at all. City have to get in the best players they possibly can and they can't afford to worry if it's going to hurt someone's feelings or not.

I do think you have a point about players not being robots etc. but it's a pressure situation for everyone involved. It's not Mancini's fault, it's Platini and the Premier League for bringing in this crap 25 man rule.

macmanson said:
Chick Counterfly said:
On Robinho. If I heard right, in his latest comments, he actually used the word 'respect' in relation to city. If he can prove it's more than a word, he could easily be redeemed in my eyes.

On the other issue.... where did Mancini make any comment about Bellamy's future? I do remember raising an eyebrow at his comments on Stephen. On the other hand, remember his comments on Tevez/Adebayor, if they are not happy, it's best for everyone if they leave? Last time I checked, they're both here. He said that the principle extended to everyone.

anyway, I'm not really sure how managers can be expected to avoid talking about the future of their players. not really sure if they should, either...it's their job to make those decisions, and to enact them. surely that's the natural order of things.

if you don't respect the manger or the club, you are better off out of it. if the manager senses it, within reason, I absolutely would prefer him to engineer them out of the club. but it's never too late for the player to try and make amends, is it?

Mancini admits Bellamy may have no place at City
By Soccernet staff

July 27, 2010

Roberto Mancini has admitted that Craig Bellamy may not make Manchester City's 25-man squad for the new Premier League season.

Craig Bellamy may be surplus to requirements

• Rules give Fergie a headache
• Woodgate to miss out on Spurs squad
• Rules force City to sell

Under new rules introduced this season, on September 1 Premier League clubs must name a squad of 25 players to represent the club until January. Eight of those players must have spent at least three years at an English or Welsh club before the age of 21, but an unlimited number of players under 21 can be used.

City are overloaded having continued their extravagant spending this summer, meaning some players will have to depart or risk spending the first half of the season sitting in the club's reserves.

Bellamy, who has been linked with a move to Tottenham, was in tremendous form last season for City but Mancini says there is no guarantee he will be part of the club's plans. Stephen Ireland, City's Player of the Year for the 2008-09 season, is also at risk.

"I have not decided anything about Stephen Ireland. It is up to him to prove himself to me," Mancini said in the Daily Express. "It is clear that some players are going to be left off that list. I am not sure yet if one of those will be Craig Bellamy."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=810375&cc=5901

Notice the July 27th date, nearly 2 weeks ago. I've seen another version of the article where he also mentions RSC along with Bellamy as players he doubts will be in the final 25.

Bellamy didn't do anything the manager hasn't done. If you want the players to stop going to the press than our manager has to lead by example. However we all know he's silenting transfer listing these players as has already been stated in this thread. Platt was apparently brought in to be a go between with the players and Mancini because he has such a poor relationship with them.

if he is wise enough he will somehow get him in 25 but that remains to be seen.

Chick Counterfly said:

he was lost to this club from the moment they hung hughes out to dry.

he is a big personality alright, but it's no good if he doesn't love the club in the same way any more. he has a lot of heart but it doesn't belong to MCFC, he'll never forgive them. he'll keep on working his socks off, but the antipathy will keep on seeping out of him, he'll unconciously contrive to do extremely unhelpful things, always at the worse possible moment, and he'll continue to do so, unless he can recognise what's going on, forgive and forget.

and he just aint that sort of guy.

Thats what most of us felt hurt acutely with Bellamy's performance (act of betrayal) at our home derby & his lovefest with 'Arry. That to me is tantamount to rubbing salt to our injury by the scums and spuds. The straw that broke the camel's back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.