Bellamy on his future (and the fall out) {merged}

blumoonrises said:
Lancet Fluke said:
I like the way that you twice imply that people who have a different opinion on Bellamy's comments and behaviour don't go to the match. No need to call people pricks or question their support of the club just because they have a different opinion on something. Incidentally, if there is some truth in the Guardian article and the club do decide to fine Bellamy, who will you support in the matter, City or Bellamy?

I don't imply anything of the sort, I used the words "majority" and "most"... so obv I am aware there may well be the odd poster on here who is also part of the the minority at COMS when it comes to their opinion on Bellers...;)
If they fine him which I very much doubt, as it's merely paper speculation full of "could's" and "maybe's" and "are considerings", then I will think its way out of order.. but there's nothing I or anyone else can do about it..! its not the first time I've seen fans favs pushed out of City for non footballing reasons..and it usually backfires on the manager..

Ok, can we settle on "you shouldn't call people pricks for having a different opinion." Even though I do still suspect you were implying what I said otherwise you could have just said majority of City fans rather than talking about going to the match and in the flesh.

WTF are you all on about? 2 weeks ago these quotes appear in the US papers which most British people didn't hear:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=810375&cc=5901

MAN CITY NEWS
Mancini admits Bellamy may have no place at City
By Soccernet staff

July 27, 2010
Comment
Email
Print
Roberto Mancini has admitted that Craig Bellamy may not make Manchester City's 25-man squad for the new Premier League season.

GettyImages

Craig Bellamy may be surplus to requirements

• Rules give Fergie a headache
• Woodgate to miss out on Spurs squad
• Rules force City to sell

Under new rules introduced this season, on September 1 Premier League clubs must name a squad of 25 players to represent the club until January. Eight of those players must have spent at least three years at an English or Welsh club before the age of 21, but an unlimited number of players under 21 can be used.

City are overloaded having continued their extravagant spending this summer, meaning some players will have to depart or risk spending the first half of the season sitting in the club's reserves.

Bellamy, who has been linked with a move to Tottenham, was in tremendous form last season for City but Mancini says there is no guarantee he will be part of the club's plans. Stephen Ireland, City's Player of the Year for the 2008-09 season, is also at risk.

"I have not decided anything about Stephen Ireland. It is up to him to prove himself to me," Mancini said in the Daily Express. "It is clear that some players are going to be left off that list. I am not sure yet if one of those will be Craig Bellamy."

The guy doesn't even get 90 minutes of preseason time in total on tour while Jo features in every game. He probably rightly figures that his name has been in the press as a possible outer and when quizzed about it gives his honest feelings about it. He comes across to me as being genuinely upset that he wasn't even given a chance to earn his place. Mancini knew coming into the summer that Bellers was a gonner as soon as he could find a replacement.

If he can't deal with personalities like Tevez and Bellers, how is he going to deal with the CL quality of player who are going to demand to play every game. The squad rotation thing works well until you have a Barca like squad where even Yaya can't get a game.

The bitterness that some blues have about being trophyless is really showing itself this transfer market. We've pretty much trashed the entire squad and insisted that someone should be brought in to replace them all. Almost every other thread is a supposed City fan throwing his toys (toys being the new shite player du jour) out of the pram because he wants something shiny and new with hardly anything to go on but some shit journo's educated guess.

Lancet Fluke said:
blumoonrises said:
I don't imply anything of the sort, I used the words "majority" and "most"... so obv I am aware there may well be the odd poster on here who is also part of the the minority at COMS when it comes to their opinion on Bellers...;)
If they fine him which I very much doubt, as it's merely paper speculation full of "could's" and "maybe's" and "are considerings", then I will think its way out of order.. but there's nothing I or anyone else can do about it..! its not the first time I've seen fans favs pushed out of City for non footballing reasons..and it usually backfires on the manager..

Ok, can we settle on "you shouldn't call people pricks for having a different opinion." Even though I do still suspect you were implying what I said otherwise you could have just said majority of City fans rather than talking about going to the match and in the flesh.

I agree that I am implying.... quite rightly in my opinion.. that the views expressed on this forum are not necc the views of the majority of fans who are match regulars... and who's views, in my opinion of course....are clearly more important and valid...

Let's suppose that Bellamy stays, City get to the FA Cup final and play Spurs. City lose. At the end of the match Bellamy runs to Harry Redknapp and gives him a high five, with a big grin on his face. How would you feel?

Well Bellamy has already done that, except the home game against Spurs was a bigger game than an FA Cup final.

To all the guys who say he gives 100%, yes he has for Hughes, not for Mancini.

I always wanted Bellamy to stay, when the press were linking him to here there and everywhere I put the speculation down to press bullshit. When the story of the interview broke I still hoped it could get sorted out. I liked the guy and wanted him to be a success with us.

I've changed my mind though. If you add it all up it comes across that Bellamy does not want to play for Man City, has not wanted to since Hughes left. This became evident in his performances as well as his behaviour. He probably never played for City, he played for Hughes.

He's gone imo. He's forcing the club to get rid of him. Well good riddance.

gregblag said:
Let's suppose that Bellamy stays, City get to the FA Cup final and play Spurs. City lose. At the end of the match Bellamy runs to Harry Redknapp and gives him a high five, with a big grin on his face. How would you feel?

Well Bellamy has already done that, except the home game against Spurs was a bigger game than an FA Cup final.

I always wanted Bellamy to stay, when the press were linking him to here there and everywhere I put the speculation down to press bullshit. When the story of the interview broke I still hoped it could get sorted out. I liked the guy and wanted him to be a success with us.

I've changed my mind though. If you add it all up it means Bellamy does not want to play for Man City, has not wanted to since Hughes left. This became evident in his performances as well as his behaviour. He probably never played for City, he played for Hughes.

I agree, great post! I have totally changed my mind about Bellamy, I hope i never see him in our shirt agian! and i were Mancini if would have let him warm the bench in our elite squad.

And i can honestly not understand how ppl can defend him instead of the club, its not like this is the first time or even second or third time Bellamy behavs like a TWAT.

gregblag said:

I've changed my mind though. If you add it all up it means Bellamy does not want to play for Man City, has not wanted to since Hughes left. This became evident in his performances as well as his behaviour. He probably never played for City, he played for Hughes.

That just about sums it up for me.

I really like his commitment and although not a great player he does have a lot to offer and I believe could have been part of our squad, however, its not all about Bellamy its about CITY.

gregblag said:

+1

gregblag said:

The fact that he didn't give twitcher a high five, along with you believing he did because it says it in the paper, ignoring the number of times he's said he wants to stay with us and win things, and then making up some fucked up scenario in your head that wouldn't actually happen if Bellamy lost a cup final with us.... makes it pretty bang on that you are in fact just chatting shite for the hell of it..

blumoonrises said:
gregblag said:

The fact that he didn't give twitcher a high five, along with you believing he did because it says it in the paper, ignoring the number of times he's said he wants to stay with us and win things, and then making up some fucked up scenario in your head that wouldn't actually happen if Bellamy lost a cup final with us.... makes it pretty bang on that you are in fact just chatting shite for the hell of it..

article-1275338-09725BD4000005DC-515_233x267.jpg

blumoonrises said:
gregblag said:

Whether he gave Redknapp a high five or not is a detail. He certainly ran to Redknapp to congratulate him, and i don't think anyone could forget the grin.

I don't care what he has said. If you want to know what people are about look at what they do, not what they say. His performances and behaviour tell you, not his statements.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.