Bellamy on his future (and the fall out) {merged}

My thoughts too DB.
Seems to be engineering his move whilst trying to play the victim.
Did well for us and would like to see him there this season.
His comments have just given the media a little more ammunition to knock City.

blumoonrises said:
zeven said:
oh really?` what do you call this?
article-1275338-09725BD4000005DC-515_233x267.jpg

pic taken straight after the spurs game.
Yes.. we know all about that, he shown a bit of good sportsmanship to an old friend, not a high 5 and wahaaay City won't be in the CL type gesture that you read and believed in the press..!

When I saw that on the telly after I got in from the Spurs match I couldn't beleive what I was seeing. I'm a pretty placid person but that truly sent me over the edge and it was the point I went from being a Bellamy fan to agreeing with all the people who have always said he was bad news.

'Good sportmanship' is a shake of the hand and a consoling arm around your team mates, it is not an over the top shake of the hand with the opposing manager and a Cheshire Cat grin while your fans and majority of team mates are hurting badly.

If you don't think Bellamy was mischief making with his actions then you are incredibly naive in my opinion. He thought he'd be at a new club by now and the fact he isn't means he's panicking and making his 'come and get me' pleas through the media.

He didn't resepct Mancini last season despite Mancini picking him almost every week and now he's playing the martyr. You reap what you sow Craig.

m27 said:
blumoonrises said:
Yes.. we know all about that, he shown a bit of good sportsmanship to an old friend, not a high 5 and wahaaay City won't be in the CL type gesture that you read and believed in the press..!

When I saw that on the telly after I got in from the Spurs match I couldn't beleive what I was seeing. I'm a pretty placid person but that truly sent me over the edge and it was the point I went from being a Bellamy fan to agreeing with all the people who have always said he was bad news.

'Good sportmanship' is a shake of the hand and a consoling arm around your team mates, it is not an over the top shake of the hand with the opposing manager and a Cheshire Cat grin while your fans and majority of team mates are hurting badly.

If you don't think Bellamy was mischief making with his actions then you are incredibly naive in my opinion. He thought he'd be at a new club by now and the fact he isn't means he's panicking and making his 'come and get me' pleas through the media.

He didn't resepct Mancini last season despite Mancini picking him almost every week and now he's playing the martyr. You reap what you sow Craig.

Spot on fella, still turns my stomach now looking at that photo.

He obviously still wants to go play for twitcher but City aren't interested in giving him away for peanuts and subsidising his wages.

Stiss said:
Bellamy appeared to be shit hot last night for Wales.

His ability has never been in doubt for me and if I was picking a 25 on Football Manager he'd be in it.

Unfortunately though, this is the real world and Mancini would have to deal with a Craig Bellamy on a daily basis who would be a bit-part player for us if included in the 25 and I can totally uinderstand why he doesn't want the hassle.

To leave him out of the 25 is not a football decision in my opinion but I can totally understand it. If Bellamy was sat on the bench or in the stands most weeks he could cause all sorts of problems off the pitch which could really affect our season.

I never knock a player, but what Craig has done is unforgivable and he is clearly trying to engineer a move to spurs.

A few incidents last year annoyed me but I still supported him, for instance the fact he sided with Gollum over Mancini after the touchline bust up and now this, its a fucking joke, apparently City are going to fine him 140k - fully deserved.

Sell him, he's a good player but let's not kid ourselves he was very good in some games but average in most. Sell to spurs after our game with them, maybe a good thing as if they slip bale back to LB then they'll start conceding more goals as bale is a better winger than lb.

Bellamy would have been the first name alongside Tevez in the 25 man squad for me.
But after this interview he is the first player I want us to get rid off. I watched the full interview finally last night and I am absolutely gobsmacked.

gregblag said:
Let's suppose that Bellamy stays, City get to the FA Cup final and play Spurs. City lose. At the end of the match Bellamy runs to Harry Redknapp and gives him a high five, with a big grin on his face. How would you feel?

Well Bellamy has already done that, except the home game against Spurs was a bigger game than an FA Cup final.

To all the guys who say he gives 100%, yes he has for Hughes, not for Mancini.

I always wanted Bellamy to stay, when the press were linking him to here there and everywhere I put the speculation down to press bullshit. When the story of the interview broke I still hoped it could get sorted out. I liked the guy and wanted him to be a success with us.

I've changed my mind though. If you add it all up it comes across that Bellamy does not want to play for Man City, has not wanted to since Hughes left. This became evident in his performances as well as his behaviour. He probably never played for City, he played for Hughes.

He's gone imo. He's forcing the club to get rid of him. Well good riddance.
could you possibly be wrong about your high 5 theory, you could be seeing what you want to see, i know that craig has known harry for donkeys years, since he was at norwich in fact, ive seen them at welsh games etc, (when hartson was at west ham) they get along.. same as loads of other players and other managers. ive also seen bellers score against redknapp teams, a smile can mean loads of things..you seem to think - "there you go, glad you won", because it fits your bellamys a twat theory., it could just aswell mean "you lucky fecking sod" or other, we shouldnt read to much into a "high5" when none of us know what was said, and i am sure craig was as sick as a pig at losing that game, with so much riding on it. thats my opinion anyway

avoidconfusion said:
Bellamy would have been the first name alongside Tevez in the 25 man squad for me.
But after this interview he is the first player I want us to get rid off. I watched the full interview finally last night and I am absolutely gobsmacked.

I defended him when we were interested in him and people didn't want him, and I had him second on my team sheet after Carlitos last season.

From the point of his actions after the Spurs game and now, I have come to understand why the man has left every club under a cloud.

I don't know what annoys me more, Bellamy's actions or the fact that some Blues can't see through his latest ploy to get his ideal move and actually feel sorry for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.