Bellamy's been banned from the club

Undoubtedly true that City are far bigger than Bellamy but they are looking quite small in the way they have handled this issue.

Fred Eyre told me a story about Bobby Robson and Craig Bellamy - sadly can't remember the detail but the gist is that Bobby never wanted to Manage Bellamy again as he was the most difficult player he had ever come accross.

Neil McNab said:
GStar said:
I guess Henry and Balotelli are screwed then ;)
No, Henry started wide and moved more central, Balotelli hasn't had time to fail anywhere yet!

Henry is back out wide again in his twilight years. Don't actually believe the concept but looks you may have something here.

dave_blue12 said:
Fred Eyre told me a story about Bobby Robson and Craig Bellamy - sadly can't remember the detail but the gist is that Bobby never wanted to Manage Bellamy again as he was the most difficult player he had ever come accross.

that's not quite true.

The story was along the lines of Bellamy mouthing it in the dressing room.

Robson shot him down using the names of players he had managed who were better than him.

Bellamy took it.

So he can be managed.

stumpy_mcfc said:
Neil McNab said:
No, Henry started wide and moved more central, Balotelli hasn't had time to fail anywhere yet!

Henry is back out wide again in his twilight years. Don't actually believe the concept but looks you may have something here.
That dutch dipper is another and our very own thumb sucker too!

Didsbury Dave said:
dave_blue12 said:

that's not quite true.

The story was along the lines of Bellamy mouthing it in the dressing room.

Robson shot him down using the names of players he had managed who were better than him.

Bellamy took it.

So he can be managed.

Your story may well be correct but the story Fred told me definitely had Bobby saying he never wanted to manage Bellamy again.

squirtyflower said:
GStar said:
Awfull, awfull management if true (and thats a big IF).

This board really is a crock of shit at times... fickle bunch we have.

All we've seen so far is Bellamy saying he wants to stay and fight for his place but it he's been told he won't be in the 25.

Cue BM, who defended him to the hilt last season, all coming out of the woodwork saying he's always been disruptive and our club is great for treating our player this way.

now back to the slagging off chaps!
The video IS uncomfortable watching. If this is an example of how he's behaved, then maybe it is time to let him go.

But I keep coming back to the same thought:  Player of the Season Dunne, Player of the Season Ireland, second best Player of the Season Bellamy.

Don't want to hear any nonsense about 'being ruthless.' They ALL deserve respect and a decent farewell, not to be discarded like dirt or forced out without even a thank you.

'Disruptive influence?' 'Not good enough for where we're going?' Maybe. But as a club we're behaving diabolically in certain areas.

Tevez was  disruptive last season, Given's press conference last week was disruptive.

Does anyone honestly think that Balotelli isn't going to give quote after quote to the Italian press over the next two seasons? Once that's been mis-reported and taken out of context, then  mis-translated by the tabloids here, what happens? Let him off like Tevez? Or discard him like garbage?

Bellamy sounds like a dick. But Mancini's taken this too personally, because he just doesn't like him.

You can love City and still disapprove of things they do, and I DON'T like how we're handling certain things at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.