Ben Chilwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a pass on Chilwell for anything close to 50m. He's a good player, but for me his only outstanding quality is that he's English. And honestly given the number of English talents coming through over the next few years filling our homegrown quota isn't the pressing need it once was. I think you can find similar quality players to Chilwell in just about every transfer window.

I've mentioned Sessegnon before. Hes probably available for a cheaper price due to the fact Fulham have gone.

I remember Jack Pitt Brooke saying we've watched the guy over 50 times and he seems much more talented than Chilwell. Obviously he's not had a great season, but Fulham themselves have been garbage due to constant changes of style and personnel
His form this season is as a winger, I think he would have to toughen up as a LWB but did we not say that about Zincky ? , he played last night in the u21`s and so did DaSilva another good prospect? not watched it yet so cannot say how they played

Sessegnon is clearly not the type of lb pep would be after. Angelino would be just as good as Sessegnon I'd think. Both too lightweight.

Chilwell is much the better option than the vastly overrated and very lightweight Sessegnon.
Chilwell is the better option IF we need a player here and now who is Association trained Sessegnon is lightweight, but he is faster with a better touch, better crossing ,and passing, which one will interest Pep?

Chilwell is the better option IF we need a player here and now who is Association trained Sessegnon is lightweight, but he is faster with a better touch, better crossing ,and passing, which one will interest Pep?
He's faster certainly but he can't defend and he isn't particularly special going forward.Other than speed,Chilwell trumps or equals him in all departments.

He's faster certainly but he can't defend and he isn't particularly special going forward.Other than speed,Chilwell trumps or equals him in all departments.
Sessegnon played as a winger this season so no he did not defend but Chilwell is a poor passer and a poor crosser something you need as a winger
and something Sessegnon has learnt Chilwell is a bang average defender with average pace and average touch, Chilwell trumps him in power and tackling since when were those thing Pep wanted

Sessegnon played as a winger this season so no he did not defend but Chilwell is a poor passer and a poor crosser something you need as a winger
and something Sessegnon has learnt Chilwell is a bang average defender with average pace and average touch, Chilwell trumps him in power and tackling since when were those thing Pep wanted
Youre wrong about his defending and also his technical ability,he's plenty capable,and in a team like ours he'll have the time to demonstrate.
Furthermore,he rarely misses a game,his perfomances are consistent,and his attitude is top class.We'll also be buying a player who is improving.

Youre wrong about his defending and also his technical ability,he's plenty capable,and in a team like ours he'll have the time to demonstrate.
Furthermore,he rarely misses a game,his perfomances are consistent,and his attitude is top class.We'll also be buying a player who is improving.

He is capable of being what he is, he is consistent which is a worry as at his age he should be improving rapidly, all players would improve under Pep but you need to have something special about you to get a move here and at the moment only the price tag is special, and the one thing that will stop him being special is pace you can teach most other things

Sessegnon is clearly not the type of lb pep would be after. Angelino would be just as good as Sessegnon I'd think. Both too lightweight.
dani alves, jordi alba... i think the board insist we need big athletic defenders for the epl. pep not a fan of lightweight is a myth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.