Ben Chilwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can see that he did seem to get particularly excited when Sterling scored.

This could mean little, of course, but looked like he wants to be Raz's mate, or is one already.

If this is the case, and seeming like Sterling may play more on the left going forward (especially if we manage to lose Leroy), this could be something City are aware of.

Pep has already changed the landscape of the EPL but imagine if he got hold of a few naturally talented english players and made them world beaters, he'd go down in history as one of the (If not THE) most influential figures in english footballing history - This is what i think he aspires to hence him extending his contract. Possibly his biggest ever achievement surpassing what he did with Barca (Due to having Messi)? He's currently got Sterling, who's working wonders but i still get the feeling Pep gets exacerbated with him. I think Maddison would be a great tool of which he could mould due his talent and intelligence.

Seeing as we can only have a certain amount of foreign players in our squad we need to find the best English players that fit closest to our system. Sterling,Stones and Walker do this. Not many others do, absolutely none of England's current midfield would get near City's team. Chilwell would make a good solid squad filler and would improve once Pep gets a grip of him.

I think the the plan is to replace Delph with another 'homegrown' player, Tierney doesn't fall into this category.
Think he does he’s been at Celtic since 2005.
Edit are Scootish players considered home grown for English teams doubting myself now, they arent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.