Benat

FantasyIreland said:
Salar said:
FantasyIreland said:
Cant be any slower than Barry and he's done ok.....
Then whats the difference in Garcia and Benat.

From what i believe,Benat has excellent vision,intelligence and passing ability along with an ability to mix it when necessary.

I cant see what Garcia offers......

Then you're blind.

Only a matter of time before he comes good. Loads of potential.

Goo said:
FantasyIreland said:
Salar said:
Then whats the difference in Garcia and Benat.

From what i believe,Benat has excellent vision,intelligence and passing ability along with an ability to mix it when necessary.

Then you're blind.

Then i guess there are a lot of blind people here on Blue moon , because a lot of people (including myself ) just can't see what Garcia brings to the team.

i♥city! said:
Goo said:
FantasyIreland said:

Then you're blind.

Then i guess there are a lot of blind people here on Blue moon , because a lot of people (including myself ) just can't see what Garcia brings to the team.[/quot
Yes there are tonnes of blind people on this forum. They're also the ones with the biggest mouth's. The same people who thought Silva was a lightweight when adjusting to the league, or who thought Yaya was shit when in his first game he wasn't as good as we know he is now. The same people who thought lescott was a shit defender before he and Kompany made the best centre back pairing in the league last season. The same people who thought we could never win the league with Mancini until last May when we did. Go through old threads and you'll see

Just because all the big mouth's are piping up because his start hasn't been great doesn't mean he won't come good in time. Then again, if everyone on here was as good at spotting talent as they make out, they'd be scouts, not sat on a forum ripping into a professional footballer a title winning manager wanted in his team.

Goo said:
i♥city! said:
Goo said:
Then you're blind.

Then i guess there are a lot of blind people here on Blue moon , because a lot of people (including myself ) just can't see what Garcia brings to the team.[/quot
Yes there are tonnes of blind people on this forum. They're also the ones with the biggest mouth's. The same people who thought Silva was a lightweight when adjusting to the league, or who thought Yaya was shit when in his first game he wasn't as good as we know he is now. The same people who thought lescott was a shit defender before he and Kompany made the best centre back pairing in the league last season. The same people who thought we could never win the league with Mancini until last May when we did. Go through old threads and you'll see

Just because all the big mouth's are piping up because his start hasn't been great doesn't mean he won't come good in time. Then again, if everyone on here was as good at spotting talent as they make out, they'd be scouts, not sat on a forum ripping into a professional footballer a title winning manager wanted in his team.

Top post. We are champions yet some still want to pick at individuals. I suppose it's the nature of the forum dweller but surely, the last two years has taught us that we have a man at the helm who knows a player.

oldius said:
Top post. We are champions yet some still want to pick at individuals. I suppose it's the nature of the forum dweller but surely, the last two years has taught us that we have a man at the helm who knows a player.

Mario
Johnson
Boateng
Savic
Kolarov
Nasri
Dzeko
Sinclair
Garcia

All poor purchases IMO,at a cost of approx 130m and astronomical wages.........

FantasyIreland said:
oldius said:

Mario
Johnson
Boateng
Savic
Kolarov
Nasri
Dzeko
Sinclair
Garcia

Boateng rarely played centre-back at City and was outstanding when I saw him play there for Bayern. We sold him at a profit, likewise AJ

Kolarov has been a good buy, as have Nasri and Dzeko. The jury is out on Mario, Garcia and Sinclair. Give them time. Silva was poor in his first few games, but Garcia has hardly played 2 games back to back and has had injuries

We may have sold them for a profit but both were poor purchases,they didn't work out here.

As for Dzeko,Nasri and Kolarov,do you not think we could have signed far better for less?

Dzeko - vital contributions but has never been a great fit - 28m

Nasri - Show pony,spineless mercernary - 24m

Kolarov - pub player with the occasional wonder strike - 19m

Suarez,Mata and Baines........

with regard to Garcia, i havent been impressed so far..... however, i am always willing to give people time and let them bed in. What kind of player were we all expecting (realistically) when we bought Garcia, had anyone seen much of him ? i for one hope he comes good, means we havent got to buy yet anoher player.

Sinclair and Garcia its far too soon to judge. Boating is a perfect example of what I am talking about as I suspect is savic. Young players given far too little time. Both will be succesful.

We are coming from a place where we had to pay a premium to attract good players. That won't always be the case as our development of top international young talent will prove. The business model of the last five years is flawed if viewed in isolation but, if viewed with the development of the stadium and its surroundings, makes perfect sense. It provides initial impetus, attracting top players and publicity for the club. Belief in the project and investment in youth then extends that short term, costly business model into a longer term, sustainable and succesful attack on the top echelons of European football.

Not every short term investment will be succesful but view it within the parameters of the "project" and it makes more sense.

FantasyIreland said:
oldius said:

Mario
Johnson
Boateng
Savic
Kolarov
Nasri
Dzeko
Sinclair
Garcia

Most of these were good purchases when they were made. Sometimes very good players just don't work out at clubs whereas some average players do well when they move.

Boateng case in point. Good player just not at City. Kolarov is a good player and will be valuable whenever Clichy is absent, a quality back up. Edin is pretty much in the same category although in his case it might be that our style of play passes him by, a bit like Ibra at Barca.

Savic will come good somewhere. It was just to early for him.

Adam Johnson was a good buy. He often terrorised tiring defences last year which contributed to our goal difference. Would have been happy had he stayed but he wanted first team football.

Garcia is a good CL player. The question at this stage is will he be a Boateng or will he be a Yaya.

Which leaves the two most talented. And I think that mentally they are being found wanting. Perhaps we should have gone for more stable guys.

So in short I would say that Balo was a gamble. The others solid aquisitions apart from Nasri who is a mistake at 25 million.

Oh I forgot Sinclair, but then so has Bobby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.