Benat

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
oasismcfc10 said:
Akira said:
Heard somewhere he's creative ala Silva. Get in.
He is very creative, but he plays from a deeper position. He's a deep-lying playmaker, so we could have Benat's creativity and Silva's creativity on the pitch at the same time. That much creativity could unluck any BPL defense. I think he'd only cost around 15 million too.

i wouldnt be so sure mate, at the minute our players couldnt open a bag of fucking crisps never mind a defence.
We don't have a deep-lying playmaker in our squad, and I suspect that Benat could very well be the missing piece in this puzzle to unlock defenses. Anyways, more creativity certainly won't hurt our team going forward. People have been calling him the new Xabi Alonso due to his long passing and free kicks, and I can definitely see where they're coming from. I'm not saying Benat would come here and tear up everyone every game, but a deep-lying playmaker would be a great asset for us to have.

oasismcfc10 said:
oasismcfc10 said:
He is very creative, but he plays from a deeper position. He's a deep-lying playmaker, so we could have Benat's creativity and Silva's creativity on the pitch at the same time. That much creativity could unluck any BPL defense. I think he'd only cost around 15 million too.

i wouldnt be so sure mate, at the minute our players couldnt open a bag of fucking crisps never mind a defence.
We don't have a deep-lying playmaker in our squad, and I suspect that Benat could very well be the missing piece in this puzzle to unlock defenses. Anyways, more creativity certainly won't hurt our team going forward. People have been calling him the new Xabi Alonso due to his long passing and free kicks, and I can definitely see where they're coming from. I'm not saying Benat would come here and tear up everyone every game, but a deep-lying playmaker would be a great asset for us to have.

Sounds great going forward. Just a little concerned defensively. Can Benat tackle?

Kompany is King said:
oasismcfc10 said:

Sounds great going forward. Just a little concerned defensively. Can Benat tackle?
ive watched him play quite a few times and he reminds me very much of arteta. he reads the play and defend well. for me he could easily play in a 2 man midfield with yaya as long as yaya would do some defensive work too. if that would happen i believe them 2 would boss every game in the premier league.

Apologies for posting this here, but I still can't post my own topics...

Watching Tottenham toy with Villa at the moment and a thought occurs; would we have a had a crack at Dembélé? Reminds me of a silkier, but less imposing Yaya - would we have been scared off by his hip? Would he have made a good partner/ACON replacement for Yaya?

Sandro is better than Dembele, Premier League's leading midfielder for tackles and interceptions combined this season. I know Mancini has coveted him before, feel he might have been a better signing than Garcia.

Chelsea (and City) are being linked with Benat:

Real Betis coach Pepe Mel says that selling Manchester City and Chelsea target Benat Etxebarria for less than €20 million would be a “disaster”, while Jose Alberto Canas will not leave the club for Swansea or anyone else until the summer.
Aware that Benat’s contract ends in June 2014 both City and Chelsea are reportedly interested in sealing a cut-price transfer, however the verdiblancos boss told reporters in Seville on Thursday the Spanish international playmaker would not be sold unless a club triggered his release clause.“Benat’s clause is €20 million and he will only leave for €20 million,” Mel said. “To sell him for anything less would be a disaster. The club must defend its position and Benat knows that. To be able to go the market and find a replacement, the only number is €20 million. He has one more year left on his contract and he can fulfill that.”

Benat’s fellow midfielder Canas has just six months left on his deal. According to reports in the UK media the former Betis youth product, 25, has reportedly already agreed terms with Swansea, who are willing to offer around €500,000 to push through a deal during the current transfer window.

Mel admitted that contract negotiations with Canas had ended, but said he was certain the player would not leave until the summer.

“I am 100% sure that he will not stay here after June 30,” he said. “Knowing his commitment to the club and his teammates, he will give 100% while he is here. (On Friday at Real Zaragoza), he will play.”The present focus at Betis, who sit fifth in the Primera Division, was on strengthening the squad to help their push for European qualification, Mel said.

“To fight for the top positions, you need to be reinforcing the squad,” he said. “We have a month to go, and options to reinforce the squad in some positions which can be improved. The club must know there is a risk the squad cannot compete over these five very important months.”

His side went into the winter break hurting after a 1-2 home loss to Real Mallorca, making a win at Zaragoza in Friday’s first game back extra important, Mel said.

“The only thing of use to us in a win,” he said. “It is an important game as it is the next one. It is the first of the year and we went away with a bad taste in our mouths. We hope that does not happen again. Points can fly away, they do not come back, and we always have to fight to get them.”

People are saying he could be Lampards replacement...

laeth said:
Chelsea (and City) are being linked with Benat:

Real Betis coach Pepe Mel says that selling Manchester City and Chelsea target Benat Etxebarria for less than €20 million would be a “disaster”, while Jose Alberto Canas will not leave the club for Swansea or anyone else until the summer.
Aware that Benat’s contract ends in June 2014 both City and Chelsea are reportedly interested in sealing a cut-price transfer, however the verdiblancos boss told reporters in Seville on Thursday the Spanish international playmaker would not be sold unless a club triggered his release clause.“Benat’s clause is €20 million and he will only leave for €20 million,” Mel said. “To sell him for anything less would be a disaster. The club must defend its position and Benat knows that. To be able to go the market and find a replacement, the only number is €20 million. He has one more year left on his contract and he can fulfill that.”

Benat’s fellow midfielder Canas has just six months left on his deal. According to reports in the UK media the former Betis youth product, 25, has reportedly already agreed terms with Swansea, who are willing to offer around €500,000 to push through a deal during the current transfer window.

Mel admitted that contract negotiations with Canas had ended, but said he was certain the player would not leave until the summer.

“I am 100% sure that he will not stay here after June 30,” he said. “Knowing his commitment to the club and his teammates, he will give 100% while he is here. (On Friday at Real Zaragoza), he will play.”The present focus at Betis, who sit fifth in the Primera Division, was on strengthening the squad to help their push for European qualification, Mel said.

“To fight for the top positions, you need to be reinforcing the squad,” he said. “We have a month to go, and options to reinforce the squad in some positions which can be improved. The club must know there is a risk the squad cannot compete over these five very important months.”

His side went into the winter break hurting after a 1-2 home loss to Real Mallorca, making a win at Zaragoza in Friday’s first game back extra important, Mel said.

“The only thing of use to us in a win,” he said. “It is an important game as it is the next one. It is the first of the year and we went away with a bad taste in our mouths. We hope that does not happen again. Points can fly away, they do not come back, and we always have to fight to get them.”

People are saying he could be Lampards replacement...
Oscar???

Leverage this is imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.