Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the most pathetic and shameful posts I've seen on here for quite a long time.

We lost a game, and you decided to blame someone who wasn't playing purely because you hate him. The fucking definition of a scapegoat.

Zinchenko was our LB last season and we got 98 points and won the league, so don't fucking pretend like Mendy being injured yesterday hurt us.

Bollox. It does not have to be written in the context of Sunday’s game although it could have been as our left back barely plays. He contributed to his own injury with a crazy tackle. Has been late for training and allegedly ill disciplined. Now plays a game and is out for the next three.

Bollox. It does not have to be written in the context of Sunday’s game although it could have been as our left back barely plays. He contributed to his own injury with a crazy tackle. Has been late for training and allegedly ill disciplined. Now plays a game and is out for the next three.

You're actually blaming him for getting injured. It's pathetic. Laporte also injured himself making a bad tackle but I've not seen you slag him off for it?

As for playing 1 game and needing 3 off, it's not surprising that you're just making shit up, but here's what he's actually done since December.

Zagreb, Arsenal, Leicester, Wolves. 1 game on the bench. Everton, United, Villa, Palace.

So that's 8/9 games. 90 minutes in each one.

Now 3 games rested because they're being precautious with "muscle fatigue" (probably from playing 8 full games in a month after 2 years out) but he was the 19th man on Sunday so he was fit.

Last edited:
You're actually blaming him for getting injured. It's pathetic. Laporte also injured himself making a bad tackle but I've not seen you slag him off for it?

As for playing 1 game and needing 3 off, it's not surprising that you're just making shit up, but here's what he's actually done since December.

Zagreb, Arsenal, Leicester, Wolves. 1 game on the bench. Everton, United, Villa, Palace.

So that's 8/9 games. 90 minutes in each one.

Now 3 games rested because they're being precautious with "muscle fatigue" (probably from playing 8 full games in a month after 2 years out) but he was the 19th man on Sunday so he was fit.

Firstly rude. If you are right it is 8 games out of a possible 15 in that period. Hardly a ringing endorsement.

Secondly absolutely i am blaming him partly for the crazy tackle that caused his injury as it was madness. I remember Tolmies Hairdo saying the same at the time.

3 games rested with muscle fatigue does not strike me as someone who has the physical attributes to survive long in the premier league. We will see and i hope he proves me wrong but i maintain he has been a bloody disaster signing. Have seen him have 5 good games in nearly 3 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hasn't done enough for me so far. Maybe give him another season to show his worth ?

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone has been doubting his professionalism/ commitment they might like to know that apart from a quick visit to Paris to attend an NBAxLouis Vuitton event, Mendy spent the whole break at home doing extra training instead of going on holiday.

Solid performance and starting to look better offensively. I swear he dribbled past more players today than Sterling has in the last four months.

One footed and lumbered. Hope the latter is short term down to his injuries but not sure we'll ever see much improvement of the former. Looks off balance a lot of the time

Played well today against a tough opponent. Ricardo is one of the best in the league. He used to be known for his crosses but haven’t seen or felt that way about Mendy in awhile.

One footed and lumbered. Hope the latter is short term down to his injuries but not sure we'll ever see much improvement of the former. Looks off balance a lot of the time
It's because he's a big dude. Hard to be nimble on the ball then. I like that he and Walker can use their physicality, which is a nice contrast to our midfield and attackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.