Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite his faults, and mistakes, I feel bad for him. Even if he’s defensively culpable occasionally, he’s even lost some of what he’s good at. The Monaco Mendy that could find people with his crosses will possibly never return.

I don’t think anyone would have him. Trying to imagine if any team would make a bid. The world knows of his injury record. In addition, his crosses are hit/miss. Also, not great defensively. Lost pace after several injuries as well. I can only sigh at this point.

Terrible mistake and not his first one this season. I recognise people are upset with him, but it is not like our other defenders are not absolute morons. Fernandinho for example had the brilliant idea of VAR not seeing his handball. Walker & Otamendi nearly threw away our game against Madrid. God forbid I mention that we got knocked out by Spurs because of Laporte making two mistakes.

Do we need a new LB? Probably, but I wouldn’t discard Mendy on the basis of two mistakes (Wolves and Chelsea).

I would also remind people that even Liverpool have made idiotic mistakes this season. The difference between them being champions and us is that for some inexplicable reason the opponent just never punishes them.

I reckon we need to invest in a few players to freshen up the squad. Mainly because our current players are lacking in hunger apart from Kevin and Foden.

It's a complete lack of intelligence to try and chip a rushing goalkeeper instead of passing 5 yards for a tap in too.

From Sterling it is idiotic because he lacks the ability. However, any world class player would chip Kepa with their eyes closed there.

Terrible mistake and not his first one this season. I recognise people are upset with him, but it is not like our other defenders are not absolute morons. Fernandinho for example had the brilliant idea of VAR not seeing his handball. Walker & Otamendi nearly threw away our game against Madrid. God forbid I mention that we got knocked out by Spurs because of Laporte making two mistakes.

Do we need a new LB? Probably, but I wouldn’t discard Mendy on the basis of two mistakes (Wolves and Chelsea).

I would also remind people that even Liverpool have made idiotic mistakes this season. The difference between them being champions and us is that for some inexplicable reason the opponent just never punishes them.

I reckon we need to invest in a few players to freshen up the squad. Mainly because our current players are lacking in hunger apart from Kevin and Foden.
well said. Mendy has made quite a few of those these, no denying it needs to very quickly change. But
The Laporte thread is empty & even he had less than a stellar game.

Our team balance this season is not doing any of our players any favors.
Guardiola's best season in England had John Stones & Nicolas Otamendi as the main centre-back pairing.

Next season, for the first time in 4 years we will have a stable balance in the team. We'll get to see which remaining players have fight & hunger in them to improve.

Just when you think he’s finding some form, he gifts the opponents a goal.

Bring in some competition for him.

Firstly CB but after that LB needs to be the priority in transfer market.

I have no issues with players making mistakes. I actually think up until the brain-fart, Mendy was having a decent game. He was certainly offering more to our play than most out there. At least he is willing to take responsibility to try and make something happen, gets forward and gets involved. Unlike that thing at right-back who just stands around touching up Fern and passing 3 yards sideways and backwards for 90 minutes.

To me there’s no difference between Mendy and kolarov. Apart from maybe Mendy is faster but kola could score the odd screamer.

both average defending and average going forward and just puts crosses in as hard as they could

Despite his faults, and mistakes, I feel bad for him. Even if he’s defensively culpable occasionally, he’s even lost some of what he’s good at. The Monaco Mendy that could find people with his crosses will possibly never return.

I don’t think anyone would have him. Trying to imagine if any team would make a bid. The world knows of his injury record. In addition, his crosses are hit/miss. Also, not great defensively. Lost pace after several injuries as well. I can only sigh at this point.

Everton or Newcastle???

Is it just me or did he put in a few good crosses that either Jesus or Aguero would have scored?

Fuck up between him and Gundogan, I put the blame on Gundogan to be honest. He moved so fucking slow to get the ball with no pressure on him its no wonder Mendy came across.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.