Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

"The footballer was also initially charged with breaking his bail conditions following his arrest last year but that charge was withdrawn in court."

in black and white for you
In black and white it clearly says he was charged and then it was withdrawn, lol. Exactly what you said didn’t happen in a previous post!

"The footballer was also initially charged with breaking his bail conditions following his arrest last year but that charge was withdrawn in court."

in black and white for you
There are a few things you are missing here. The question isn't why he was remanded to custody - it's was he. He was so he couldn't play for City so why the heck would they pay him?

Further the original bail conditions basically also made it impossible to play for City. Conceptually, morally and legally I cannot see any way that it can be argued that this is City's problem.

If anything he should be suing GMP.

Not complying with bail conditions isn’t an offence, or at least it wasn’t when I last checked.

If you don’t comply with conditions then bail can be withdrawn (as it was here) or more onerous conditions can be imposed (usually a tag) and committing an offence whilst on bail is viewed extremely dimly.

Failing to surrender to your bail at the relevant time ( e.g. your court appearance) is an offence (which did not apply here) but otherwise there are no offences under the Bail Act 1976 for individuals who are subject to bail.

So there is no gateway to charge someone with breaching a bail condition.

What a complete prick - not only is he throwing his teammates under the bus, his defence is "well everyone was doing it so why am I the only one in the wrong?"

The mentality of a child - immature twat
He is mixing things up. He did attend some lockdown parties and so did some other players. But no one else was accused of sex attacks apart from his fixer pal..and the less said about him the better.

What a complete prick - not only is he throwing his teammates under the bus, his defence is "well everyone was doing it so why am I the only one in the wrong?"

The mentality of a child - immature twat

He can say what he wants about other players and what they were up to. The facts are they weren't accused and arrested and under bail conditions. They played and did their jobs.
I'd be surprised if legally the club hasn't paid him what they had to.

There are a few things you are missing here. The question isn't why he was remanded to custody - it's was he. He was so he couldn't play for City so why the heck would they pay him?

Further the original bail conditions basically also made it impossible to play for City. Conceptually, morally and legally I cannot see any way that it can be argued that this is City's problem.

If anything he should be suing GMP.

depends what the contract says. I'm not going to second guess that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.