Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

A lot of footballers throwing their support behind him and asking how this will be rectified for him. Started with depay posting a long supportive post and a huge number of stars have commented in support now including grealish.

suing the accuser into bankruptcy

That would involve him having to prove they maliciously pushed for a false conviction based on lies.

That’s a whole different proposition than the prosecution failing to prove he was guilty.

I highly doubt he will have the appetite for dragging this on any longer in either case.

That's the only part I was responding to.
Well then if you respond to the rest it might become clearer.

I don't think he was as you describe as a player either. He had some very good games before his injuries but he clearly had issues off the field. As I said in my original post it surprised me the club wouldn't try and address them as they and other clubs would with other addiction issues . Especially as they paid £52 million for him.

Who’s worse, the millionaire footballer using his fame money & status to attract young women for sex, or the young women hawking around said footballers looking for a pay day, easy life or both ? It’s a shady seedy part of society that’s been going on since the money flooded into football, it isn’t the east end where Bobby More & co would all drink together with their wives. There’s no winners in a case like this and I hope all involved learn from it
No chance of that happening until they remove the money.

Well then if you respond to the rest it might become clearer.

I don't think he was as you describe as a player either. He had some very good games before his injuries but he clearly had issues off the field. As I said in my original post it surprised me the club wouldn't try and address them as they and other clubs would with other addiction issues . Especially as they paid £52 million for him.

I agree on the wider concept of sex addiction but I also think the duty of care only extends so far when an employee's conduct falls so drastically short of the minimum of what you'd expect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.