Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

If your mate got accused of rape by not one women but several you'd be asking questions. Difference is a man like Mnedy is susceptible to accusations for pay outs, fame etc. However, this doesn't mean anyone who's made accusations is about that. Also, women will want to be with him, be alone with him but not have sex. So there's that too, being in a situation where sex is expected doesnt mean its ok for a man to then take sex from you.

The sheer amount of women involved means there could be 10 women who agreed to sex but decided to use this as blackmail. It also means there might be just one women who didn't agree, but therefore gets thrown into the same category of these other women. Thus rape is much harder to prove. If you are accused wrongly 10 times then the 11th time is less likely to be taken seriously but it doesn't prove it wasn't rape.

Last edited:
My abiding memory of Benjamin Mendy was him hopping at speed on crutches down the sidelines when Sergio scored a goal for us with a steward running after him thinking he was a pitch invader!! On crutches Benjy was faster than the steward!!
I really hope he comes through this and has lots of support. :-)
Pretty sure it was the Sterling last second curler to beat Southampton in the centurions season

At the point where the prosecution or the judge thought the witnesses were lying, the case would have been ended. There have been instances where an accusation has resulted in prosecution, but they would tend not to reach the stage of a jury deciding.

What has happened here, is that the jury listened to all the evidence, and decided that there was reasonable doubt about whether he committed the crimes. Being found not guilty doesn't mean they decided that he was innocent, or that the women were lying, or that he did nothing wrong. Legally all it means it that they weren't 100% sure.

The prosecution has to prove the rape, and in cases where it's one person's word against another, then it's an incredibly high bar. That's a major reason why rape is an incredibly difficult crime to prosecute.

I didn't sit in court and listen to all the evidence in this case, and wouldn't presume to comment on whether the verdict was correct - but I will say that the verdict categorically does not mean the women in this case lied and tried to frame him.

I agree, it’s also an incredibly difficult accusation to be cleared of. It doesn’t need Crafton getting involved & casting doubt.

Whenever the club loses a player for any reason some fans turns against him

It happens everywhere with every club

It might makes the fans feel better to pretend that they are better without the player that left

In Mendy's case, he was one of the most favorite characters in the team and I think most fans/players loved him

Once he was accused, 99% of the people start to hate him even before the investigation was completed

Now according to judges who interviewed all witnesses & seeing all evidence , they decide he isn't guilty

But because his contract is up and is no longer City player, lets continue the hate movement because we lost him anyway.

The conclusion: its better it wait everything to settle before making any judgement.

It might makes the fans feel better to pretend that they are better without the player that left

In Mendy's case, he was one of the most favorite characters in the team and I think most fans/players loved him

Once he was accused, 99% of the people start to hate him even before the investigation was completed

Now according to judges who interviewed all witnesses & seeing all evidence , they decide he isn't guilty

But because his contract is up and is no longer City player, lets continue the hate movement because we lost him anyway.

The conclusion: its better it wait everything to settle before making any judgement.

In this case, it's a little different tbf. His behaviour, even if it wasn't criminal, hasn't painted him in the best of light.

Loved him?
He had 3 great games for us and then unfortunately got injured for the remainder of his first seaaon and then persistantly injured for subsequent seasons. He created some kind of cult character via some shark social media shite nonsense that I hadn't a clue what it was about.....

On a general level about the view of ex players, I don’t disagree. However, in the case of Mendy, all the negativity is fully justified. He was disrespecting City and everyone of us as supporters, with his lifestyle. Getting paid huge wages as a professional footballer at a top club comes with certain responsibilities and expectations, around lifestyle, physical conditioning, and Mendy by his own admission was fulfilling non of them. The guy has thrown away his career, and tens of millions of the clubs money, by behaving like a total dick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.