Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

Given how little time the jury deliberated you would have thought the case was weak and his not guilty verdict was compelling

I honestly believe all parties have the right to remain anonymous until the courts have given their verdict (something that doesn’t seem to be the case about the nurse in Chester either)
To be fair, whatever you may think of Mendy's lifestyle, from what I read of the case the evidence against him for rape looked very weak. The jury didn't take long to make a decision.

Given that there have been two trials as the first jury failed to reach a verdict, I'd say that's perhaps a rather narrow view of proceedings.
Fair point but I was surprised at the re-trial. I just thought the evidence didn't seem that strong but I have only read the selective press coverage and didn't sit through the proceedings so I am just speculating like everyone else. What did come out though was enough to finish Mendy as a City player on reputational grounds.

What do you want to happen to them? And what does his human rights have to do with? He had a fair trial and was found not guilty, isn't his human rights satisfied there?
He was named,imprisoned,lost his job and had his life trawled over by millions for almost three years after 2 trials.

He was also found not guilty by two independent juries.

The least that should happen is that his accusers should be named.

If not, the accused should be granted complete anonymity and the hearing held in private.

The accusing women have been lying and that is proven? Or it just could not be proven that he is guilty?

To give you a number. In Germany in only 8.4 cases of rapes that are claimed by police the man gets convicted... So 89 women are lying? You just can speak somebody guilty if there is no doubt at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.