Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it occurred to anyone that maybe we are both Mendy and Bertrand.

For what it's worth, I like Bertrand. Followed his career since his early loan with Oldham.

Would be an excellent back up option to Mendy.
That's what I think, it's obvious the coach sees Aleks as a centre half and we need 2 fullbacks on each side.

Alex Sandro to Mendy to Bertrand.
No VVD.

The summer started off with Khaldoon saying top targets, we'll get who we want etc etc, im actually slightly concerned we're gonna end up getting our 2nd / 3rd choices for a couple of positions.
You do know its only the 6th of June right? The season only finished 2 weeks ago and we have already signed 2 incredible world class signings. Let the whole picture paint itself before getting overly concerned and letting the plapping commence.

You do know its only the 6th of June right? The season only finished 2 weeks ago and we have already signed 2 incredible world class signings. Let the whole picture paint itself before getting overly concerned and letting the plapping commence.
Yes youre right, it is only the 6th of June.
We have signed 2 world class players, quickly. But in peps system the full backs are so important, we shouldnt skimp on who we buy or the amount we pay for them.

We wont sign Bertrand AND Mendy. Thats £70M+ on one full back position.
Not saying its done, but seems like theyre already moving from top targets.

Sam Lee seems to indicate we might.

We also have sources, far more reliable than Kaveh, that say Mendy is already done. The panic going on in here is maddening.

Mendy wants to come, we negotiate with Monaco, transfer saga drags out a bit as we try and come to an agreement, we strengthen our position by looking at other targets. This literally happens every year. People just need to relax.

Why would he come as back up in a World Cup year when he can stay at Southampton and play all season and hope to get on the plane to Russia
Who's going to get picked ahead of him realistically? Rose will be in the squad, fair enough. Bertrand seems to be in every squad and his nearest competition (Davies and Shaw) aren't first choice at their clubs.

Yes youre right, it is only the 6th of June.
We have signed 2 world class players, quickly. But in peps system the full backs are so important, we shouldnt skimp on who we buy or the amount we pay for them.
There is a very good possibility we will sign both which for me would give us 2 quality players, long term players and a home grown player. I actually think bertrand would fit into the way Pep wants to play quite nicely from what ive seen of him.

Sam Lee seems to indicate we might.

We also have sources, far more reliable than Kaveh, that say Mendy is already done. The panic going on in here is maddening.

Mendy wants to come, we negotiate with Monaco, transfer saga drags out a bit as we try and come to an agreement, we strengthen our position by looking at other targets. This literally happens every year. People just need to relax.

But lots of sources said VVD was done, he was our top target blah blah blah, 24 hours later, signing for the dippers.
Things change very quickly, and it wouldnt surprise me if City walked away from Monaco for the mendy deal, just like theyve walked away from a lot of deals in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.