Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't laughing my head off. That was @BluePhil8

I think he's among the best CBs in the league, but was pointing out an elite few who are above him.

I disagree with Koscielny, think Kompany's a pointless comparison as he can't stay fit and Vertonghen was not considered great before Alderweireld arrived which suggests to me it's Alderweireld who's brilliant in that partnership and Vertonghen's just riding his coat tails.

VVD is with Alderweireld the best IMO, and I'd rather he stayed at Southampton than strengthened Liverpool considerably. £60-70m is too much money, but he's brilliant.

Seems like its Bertrand or Mendy...

Suddenly all the media are echoing the same story.

I think you can trust Marti Perarnau when he says Bertrand isn't a Mendy replacement and we'd get both. FWIW, Sam Lee suggested the same.

I disagree with Koscielny, think Kompany's a pointless comparison as he can't stay fit and Vertonghen was not considered great before Alderweireld arrived which suggests to me it's Alderweireld who's brilliant in that partnership and Vertonghen's just riding his coat tails.

VVD is with Alderweireld the best IMO, and I'd rather he stayed at Southampton than strengthened Liverpool considerably. £60-70m is too much money, but he's brilliant.

I agree with your overall sentiment, I really hope he doesn't go to the dippers. He's top class, no doubt, though I do think Vertonghen has been better and you could argue Koscielny is more proven.

Regardless, VVD is a top CB, among the best in the league. That we can agree on.

Surely it's got to be both...
Why bring Pep and talk about competing for the treble whilst signing Bertrand as a first choice left-back. Doesn't make any sense.
And yes, we do need to bring in 3 full-backs at the very least. We just let Clichy, Zabaletta and Sagna go. Kolarov is an emergency (3rd choice) left-back.

So we are signing

Ederson
Bertrand
Mendy
Walker
RB?
Silva

And we are heavily reported to want a holding mid (Fabinho/Carvalho?) and a forward (Sanchez?) and a centre half (VVD?).

I can't see it. 9 players coming in. It would be fucking stupid and would cost more than £300m easily.
Maffeo could be the backup right back, everything else we've heard points to us not signing VVD this summer and not being in the market for a centre mid.

The 4th he considers most complicated deal to do and he described it as a "surprise". I'm guessing Kimmich or Dani Alves.

I wondered if we were in for Kimmich when the Fabinho stories disappeared, it would make a lot of sense as I think the DM/pivot/whatever you fancy calling it is going to be the next 'problem' position when we've sorted FBs and having a player able to play there and at RB seems a no brainer.

If £40 million is to be believed for Mendy, I've got no problem with that. I'd say it's about right, actually. More right than £60 mill for Virgil Van Dijk, in any case. Hope that doesn't mean we're cooling off on Mendy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.