Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
110%

Memes aside, Perarnau is a legit Guardiola insider and if he says we intend to get both, then we intend to get both. Hopefully it works out.

Alderweireld shits on VVD, as does Vertonghen. A fit Vinny is a cut above and you could argue Koscielny is also.

Alderweireld, VVD are the best. Vinnie would be amongst them two but he can't stay fit.

Koscielny is somewhat underrated in my view. He's been one of the Premier League's best centre backs for quite a few years now.

Alderweireld, VVD are the best. Vinnie would be amongst them two but he can't stay fit.
Is that a joke? Alderweireld and VVD are not fit to lace Vinnie's boots. Make no mistake, both of the them are great CBs, but there is a huge difference between truly world class and great CBs. Vinnie has been injured more times than those two have played in the last 2 seasons, yet whenever he comes back, his game is on point. We see Aguero and KdB, who are world class players too, taking time to learn Pep's methods and then you have Vinnie who doesn't even need a single training session to understand the new system. If Vinnie was to never see the training pitch for 6 months and get randomly dropped into a game, he would still be the best defender on the pitch. He's a fuckin genius.

I don't know where I'd go to look for this – and it's off topic, of course – but my strong impression is that Vinny was not injured during our 2011-12 season (and that that was an absolutely crucial part of the whole success story of that year) and that Mancini played him in virtually every game. Now that's impossible, of course, but if he was injred it was surely for a very short period? Anybody got the stat on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.