Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's perceived lack of effort that saw Kolarov come in for stick, as long as he puts the effort in he should be avoid that.

Let's wait to see what happens by the end of the window before declaring we've made a mistake.

Agreed, but the perception stemmed from him being out of position on the counter when he was actually doing as instructed acting as our winger and it was his cover that was either out of position or had too much to do and couldn't physically cover. Mendy will do something similar i suspect, has more pace than Kolarov but he'll still be caught out on more than a few occasions which is something Pep must be willing to accept given his choices at fullback so we'll likely see the same thing on here criticising him and Walker and Danilo too.

I'm not declaring we've made a mistake, simply said if that were the case in my opinion it would be a mistake. Of course, we might have somebody else lined up making what i said redundant but if we all waited until the close of the window to speculate, they'd be no point in the forum.

Fuck me catching up on the last 20 pages was just painful. People crying about the fee cos their rag mates will takes the piss out of them. Would they rather we just have Dinho as LB all season and win fuck all just so they don't get made fun of?

must admit it funny these day it used to be recorded as broke transfer record no matter what position now the rags have over paid for two player the record is now noted by position coincidence or just cynical

Just cynical. That's always been the way the media have reported it, it was just rare that records were broken. For a rag example, Weo camel gob Ferdinand was constantly referred to as a british record transfer fee than added for a defender once that was broken. In today's market they're being broken with virtually every major signing so we're just hearing it a lot more.

Agreed, but the perception stemmed from him being out of position on the counter when he was actually doing as instructed acting as our winger and it was his cover that was either out of position or had too much to do and couldn't physically cover. Mendy will do something similar i suspect, has more pace than Kolarov but he'll still be caught out on more than a few occasions which is something Pep must be willing to accept given his choices at fullback so we'll likely see the same thing on here criticising him and Walker and Danilo too.

I'm not declaring we've made a mistake, simply said if that were the case in my opinion it would be a mistake. Of course, we might have somebody else lined up making what i said redundant but if we all waited until the close of the window to speculate, they'd be no point in the forum.

I think both Walker and Mendy are being brought in partly based on their ability to recover when we're caught upfield. Kolarov could never do this and didn't seem to even bother trying at times, that's where the stick he got came from.

For example Zabaleta couldn't recover too well owing to his lack of pace but he'd bust a gut trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.