Benji...

masterwig said:
I prefer having a centre-forward who stays central and keeps the centre-backs under pressure. Benjani does that job. I didn't think Tevez and Ade made a good partnership because the pair of them spend too much time away from goal. I'm hoping Santa Cruz can take over the role Benjani played last night when he is fit.

Spot on, i remember the Arsenal fans saying that Adebayor spent too much time on the wing. This has been our problem up front this season, we need a focal point to play off, Benjani stayed central and let Petrov, Tevez and Bellemy buzz around him. Its all about the balance of the team. When i heard Benjani was playing i was a bit annoyed as i really dont rate him but he did a decent job for the team last night and in a way was more involved than Adebayor has been. A fit RSC will do a better job though and if Mancini can mould Adebayor into a more direct central striker who uses his height and strength to better effect then he and Tevez can become a good partnership.

You right it doesn't really matter how we score. The point I'm trying to make is that if he set up 3 goals by luck/mistakes then it won't happen every game. But if we are scoring because of skill and talent then we will score more often than not. I personally don't think he is good enough, do you really see him as the future of Man City even as a squad player? If you had the chance to bring him to the club now would you?[/quote]

The point I'm trying to make is why do you feel the need to criticise him when he's played well? Why not judge him after he's played 10-15 games? If he doesn' nothing from now on then you have every right to criticise him
I wouldn't sign him now and I'm not saying he's the answer, but he's played two games in which he scored the winner in one of them and help set 3 up in the other.

mancity dan said:
I want to stay at City for the rest of my career...

Thoughts??

Like most of our players ....... i think he realsies that under Mancini it's a bright new dawn for us .

He's now played a couple of games and he looks 'hungry' again ......... although quite how many games he'll get from here on is anyones guess ....... he's a useful player to have around , even with his obvious 'limitations'.

Well RSC is injury prone and even Adebayor has been stop start with niggles and the suspension so it's always handy to have another back-up player who is evidently content with his role in the team. If he wants to stay, we might aswell keep him.

Added a physical presence last night and Tevez apart, i thought he was our next best player.

1 goal and 3 assists in 2 games is brilliant. especially since he's been short of match practice for quite a while.

I was quite perturbed when I saw the starting lineup and Benjani was in it with Santa Cruz on the bench, I've always thought Benjani was a clumsy footballer who would never be a regular goalscorer. However, after the game I was impressed with what he did, he worked their defence very hard, he held the ball up and linked up play, and he created chances for others. Couldn't have asked much more from him. He still looked fairly clumsy at times but he was very effective. As for a contract extension, I'm not sure that's going to happen.

He's making his most of a fair crack of the whip, or spell in the shop window. Did well against a bland Championship side last time out, was involved in some capacity in three goals against a poor Blackburn side last night, looking enthusiastic throughout.

Heard a few Newcastle fans that wouldn't mind bringing him in on the cheap.

Work with a Stoke fan and he has said wouldn't mind seeing him there. I feel he could be an invaluable squad player when everyone is fit and play in some cup games to give others a rest...

simmers said:
You right it doesn't really matter how we score. The point I'm trying to make is that if he set up 3 goals by luck/mistakes then it won't happen every game. But if we are scoring because of skill and talent then we will score more often than not. I personally don't think he is good enough, do you really see him as the future of Man City even as a squad player? If you had the chance to bring him to the club now would you?

The point I'm trying to make is why do you feel the need to criticise him when he's played well? Why not judge him after he's played 10-15 games? If he doesn' nothing from now on then you have every right to criticise him
I wouldn't sign him now and I'm not saying he's the answer, but he's played two games in which he scored the winner in one of them and help set 3 up in the other.[/quote]

I didn't see all of the first game so I can't comment and last night I don't think he played well. He didn't play any differently to how he has in the past, woeful first touch, poor runs and dreadful position, which unfortunatley isn't good enough. You can repeat 3 assists as many times as you like but it doesn't change that fact he didn't mean any of them. Every single one was by accitdent. You don't become a successfull player by accident. They rest of his play was poor and if you don't believe me I surgest you watch the game again. I haven't come on here to slag him off, I hope he does come good, but from what I've seen last season and this, I can't see it happening.

lets be honest here, he just isn t going to around for that long, if he is,he will be superglued to the bench, just not good enough whether he tries or not

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.