Benji...

I completley disagree, he was awful but just very lucky. Every assist he made was down to a mistake. 1st was a missed shot, 2nd he missed again and was lucky to hit the post and third he cut his pass to petrov too shot and was again lucky to find tevez. He had a few good moment but was noticeably the wrost player on the pitch.

Agree 100%

He did okay but he's still not close to being good enough. As has been said it is quite generous to suggest he created three goals.

mcfc391 said:
Captain Oats said:
i thought he was top yesterday. did his job superbly and deserved a goal. Assisted 3 so cant complain.

I completley disagree, he was awful but just very lucky. Every assist he made was down to a mistake. 1st was a missed shot, 2nd he missed again and was lucky to hit the post and third he cut his pass to petrov too shot and was again lucky to find tevez. He had a few good moment but was noticeably the wrost player on the pitch.

Jesus he helped create 3 goals and was unlucky not to score himself, what does it take to make people happy?

simmers said:
mcfc391 said:

Jesus he helped create 3 goals and was unlucky not to score himself, what does it take to make people happy?

I think you mean not good enough to score himself :). I'm not trying to be harsh on him, but it's a fact his ball control was poor and his positioning was way out. I'm happy he created 3 goals, but as described in my previous post, I'm just not happy with how he created them.

mcfc391 said:
simmers said:

I think you mean not good enough to score himself :). I'm not trying to be harsh on him, but it's a fact his ball control was poor and his positioning was way out. I'm happy he created 3 goals, but as described in my previous post, I'm just not happy with how he created them.

No I mean he was unlucky not to score when he hit the post. What more could he have done exactly? It was a lot harder than the header Tevez missed which I'm sure you'd all be talking about had he not score a hat trick.
What exactly are you not happy with the way he helped set them up? Does it matter how he does it? Do you remember Shaun Goater? He didn't exactly score scorchers but he scored. No doubt you weren't happy with the way he scored?

We won 4-1, he was involced in 3 of them. If you really have to moan about something, then moan about the only negative of the game which was the soft goal we conceded

I would keep him is has Done well in the last 2 games considering how long he has been left out of the team.
Not a Big name star, but hasnt complained about lack of games and come in and got on with the job when asked.
IMO a great back up player

If he keeps playing like that then why not.

I think he brings something a little different than Ade who likes to drift a lot, where as Benji occupys centre halfs and drags them around the place, which they dont like.

I prefer having a centre-forward who stays central and keeps the centre-backs under pressure. Benjani does that job. I didn't think Tevez and Ade made a good partnership because the pair of them spend too much time away from goal. I'm hoping Santa Cruz can take over the role Benjani played last night when he is fit.

simmers said:
mcfc391 said:

No I mean he was unlucky not to score when he hit the post. What more could he have done exactly? It was a lot harder than the header Tevez missed which I'm sure you'd all be talking about had he not score a hat trick.
What exactly are you not happy with the way he helped set them up? Does it matter how he does it? Do you remember Shaun Goater? He didn't exactly score scorchers but he scored. No doubt you weren't happy with the way he scored?

We won 4-1, he was involced in 3 of them. If you really have to moan about something, then moan about the only negative of the game which was the soft goal we conceded

You right it doesn't really matter how we score. The point I'm trying to make is that if he set up 3 goals by luck/mistakes then it won't happen every game. But if we are scoring because of skill and talent then we will score more often than not. I personally don't think he is good enough, do you really see him as the future of Man City even as a squad player? If you had the chance to bring him to the club now would you?

masterwig said:
I prefer having a centre-forward who stays central and keeps the centre-backs under pressure. Benjani does that job. I didn't think Tevez and Ade made a good partnership because the pair of them spend too much time away from goal.

this ^

I think benji is superb at what he does ie keeping CB's busy and holding up the ball, a great performance from him, says it all that he started and kept RSC on the bench, his popularity is there for all to see at the club, when he took his seat everyone congratulated him.

If your reading this WELL PLAYED BENJI.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.