Benji...

I think he played ok last night but would try to sell him now in the current transfer window if i could, we already enough strikers to cope without him (when their all fit) also, i'm sure when we bought him it was based on staged payments and after 40 games (or something like that) we have to pay a further £4 million.

We are not going to win leagues and cups with Benjani up front. He had a decent game last night but when we have everyone fit he isn't going to make the bench. He has done a decent job in the last 2 games whilst we have had injuries.

Watched him at Boro last week and he was awful (other than score the winner!). He was lightweight, his touch was poor and we lost possession almost every time it went up to him.

Last night, for an hour, I thought he was excellent. He was a physical presence and actually held the ball up well and brought others into the game.

With a fully fit Ade or Roque, I would see him as a bench player at best. Will always love him for the derby goal, but I don't think he'll feature in our long term plans.

liscal said:
Watched him at Boro last week and he was awful (other than score the winner!). He was lightweight, his touch was poor and we lost possession almost every time it went up to him.

Last night, for an hour, I thought he was excellent. He was a physical presence and actually held the ball up well and brought others into the game.

With a fully fit Ade or Roque, I would see him as a bench player at best. Will always love him for the derby goal, but I don't think he'll feature in our long term plans.

"Watched him at Boro last week and he was awful (other than score the winner!)"

Arf !!

He's not going to be a regular starter, we know this and he knows this. But, if he can come in and do a job like he did last night, we can certainly do a lot worse than keep Benji as a squad player.

He was very poor at Bro but looked better with that game under his belt.

PMSL that he had a hand in three goals as per SSN (that would be shooting wide for the first and missing an easy chance for the second)

Keep him or turf him (thanks for the swamp) I feel Boj would be a better option if we keep a squad forward.

Worked hard and did a great job last night.

More importantly he doesnt moan or kick up a stink at being left out of the side. As far as bench warmers go we'd be hard pressed to bring in a better player than Benji and top strikers arent going to want to play second fiddle to Ade/RSC.

I'd give him another 12 months, very useful squad player.

Sun Jihai's ghost said:
Worked hard and did a great job last night.

More importantly he doesnt moan or kick up a stink at being left out of the side. As far as bench warmers go we'd be hard pressed to bring in a better player than Benji and top strikers arent going to want to play second fiddle to Ade/RSC.

I'd give him another 12 months, very useful squad player.

well said

mcfc391 said:
Captain Oats said:
i thought he was top yesterday. did his job superbly and deserved a goal. Assisted 3 so cant complain.

I completley disagree, he was awful but just very lucky. Every assist he made was down to a mistake. 1st was a missed shot, 2nd he missed again and was lucky to hit the post and third he cut his pass to petrov too shot and was again lucky to find tevez. He had a few good moment but was noticeably the wrost player on the pitch.

Exactly this It was clear when RSC came on how bad Benjani was

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.