Bernardo Silva - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's coming down to taste now as to what kind of goal you like. I think the technique on the strike was magnificent, as a shot it was better than any from last year and I'm going to stand by it.

Bernardo's goal last season against Arsenal was pretty much a better version of the goal he scored on Sunday.

In no particular order just the ones I remember -

1) Gabriel Jesus vs. Southampton (a)
2) KDB vs. Chelsea
3) Sterling vs. Southampton (h)
4) Danilo vs. Burnley
5) Sané vs. Liverpool
6) Sané vs. Stoke
7) KDB vs. Leicester
8) Bernardo vs. Arsenal [last seasons!]
9) Aguero vs. Watford
10) Aguero's 4th v Leicester
11) David Silva vs. Arsenal
12) Sané vs. Palace
13) Gundogan vs. United...

I've already made it clear I found his shot technique to be better than the ones from all of last season. I've bolded the ones where the shot technique was blatantly not better than the one scored on Sunday. And that last one makes me think you're being a bit difficult with me.
Bernardo's goal last season against Arsenal was pretty much a better version of the goal he scored on Sunday.
Similar places but different finishes entirely, and you know it.

I’m sure one game last season, possibly away in Europe it was Silva, Silva, KDB in a midfield 3.

I would not be surprised to see it in games or at least part of games this season.

I’m sure one game last season, possibly away in Europe it was Silva, Silva, KDB in a midfield 3.

I would not be surprised to see it in games or at least part of games this season.
It may have been Feyenoord away in a 4 with Fernandinho at the base. The game coincidentally I maintain was our highest peak performance of last season (largely because we didn't have many games afterwards with Mendy).

I've already made it clear I found his shot technique to be better than the ones from all of last season. I've bolded the ones where the shot technique was blatantly not better than the one scored on Sunday. And that last one makes me think you're being a bit difficult with me.

Similar places but different finishes entirely, and you know it.
I kind of agree with you. There were better team goals last year, but just the purity of the strike was what set it apart for me. The cross didn't have much pace on it but Bernardo seemed to be able to generate fantastic power and accuracy with very little backlift. He made it look so simple to. It was behind Cech before he could even think much about it.

Been great in his last 4 games. Even though he wasn't at his best against Arsenal, he scored, which must be great for his confidence.

He's entered my top 5 favourites of our current team. His combination of attitude and ability makes him a dream player for every manager, fan, etc.

And don't get me started on his touch... his GF must get the most delicate clitty rub available on god's green earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.