Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
5KYmteN.jpg

This from a few years ago. If you read a little bit about the character tin tin he's portrayed as a fascist and a racist in some of his adventures.
Does this have racist overtones? Is it implying Kdb Is a racist and a fascist?

and here was me thinking that was Zinchenko!

I'd be interested to hear the answer to that.

Could a white person compare a black person with anyone or anything that wouldn't have generated offence amongst a group of people?

Compare a black person to a cartoon with a near-exact white equivalent = offensive because the previous cartoon character was a stereotype.

Compare a black person to another black person = offensive because you're saying they all look alike.

Don't compare a black person with anything = offensive because you're leaving the black guy out.

Fucking hell.
Was going to give a like but what you say is bang on right. As humans and individuals we know what is correct :-)
Or we can ban all our players from social media, then wait for that shit storm ;-)

On a lighter note (please nobody latch onto that), i had the b.silva tweet picture up on my phone, while reading john barnes' comments, while sitting next to my 2.5 year old.
she glanced over at my phone and said, 'daddy, that wee boy looks like that duck'.
i found it funny. oh the innocence of ignorance.

PS, apologies if that offends anyone that owns a duck, or has had some bad duck, or is not good at drawing caricatures.

re Silva, hope he just apologises or recognizes in some way that it was ill judged to post that publicly where it can offend some of the many people that view it, and everyone moves on without dragging pep or the club any further into it.

FFS, a new low even for this thread...

You want Pep to go on a racial awareness course??? Pathetic.

Well yes.. he’s actually been quite ignorant on the matter. No one is saying Bernardo isn’t a nice guy, because he quite obviously is. I don’t even think Pep has acknowledged why people might be offended.

Totally disagree.
Th only failing was the medium used to convey the message. I bet there are millions of similar exchanges between friends of mixed races not posted on a public platform for all to see. Should all those be rounded up, deemed racist/offensive and subsequently sent on an awareness course or should they be allowed to enjoy the banter they regularly share and obviously enjoy? Life is too short and I know which I prefer.

I’m pretty sure part of the course would teach to keep jokes like that private.

Well yes.. he’s actually been quite ignorant on the matter. No one is saying Bernardo isn’t a nice guy, because he quite obviously is. I don’t even think Pep has acknowledged why people might be offended.

Jesus wept, do you work in HR for a living? The UK regularly bombs the crap out of non-white cultures but I don't see Government and Royalty (looking at you Philip) apologising or even giving a shit or HR Nazi's at my workplace. The offence is a 1 on a scale of 0 - 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.