Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after Chelsea is strengthened, we are weaker for losing Bernardo?
I highly doubt that Khaldoon would allow such a situation.

Don't Barca need to get rid of FDJ just so they can register their current new signings and thats not taking into account how much they owe other clubs still. Unless Lewadowski, Kounde, Raphina are playing for the love of the game, no chance they can then spunk 100m on bernie and pay him 250k a week.
That's what I thought .More about wages than actually buying players.

That's what I thought .More about wages than actually buying players.
They free up the wage bill if they get rid of fdj. They are already getting rid of lot of players. Most importantly they get the money for Bernardo. We can only hope they frenkie doesn't consent to leave barca without getting deferred wages

They free up the wage bill if they get rid of fdj. They are already getting rid of lot of players
They already can't register the players they have bought. Freeing up wages only allows them to register those. As i understand they'd have to sell more than FDJ to buy again. Either way I think it's very unlikely we let Bernardo go this summer.

If they put the money up, and we think there’s a good chance of actually seeing the instalments etc, then he’s gone in my opinion.

You might be able to keep an unhappy player for a season or two, but it’s a finite thing, and the situation won’t persist forever. If he still wants to go and a good offer comes in, then we aren’t in a position of strength unfortunately and we’re probably better moving on and signing the best possible replacement.

Will be sad to see him go, but his form fell off a cliff last season - the Real Madrid games apart - and if Kev stays fit then we’ll be fine. Also, Rodri’s evolution to a more complete player (who scores important goals) is often overlooked in relation to the Bernado issue, and if we choose to play Rodri and Phillips, then we’ll no longer be looking at two out-and-out defensive midfielders.

Bernardo is not unhappy.

He was unhappy during the lockdowns.
Agreed. But if Barca offload De Jong to the Chelski and Barca come up with 100m, can City really say no?

Also, adding that the linked replacement, Paqueta, is half the player AND City would be negotiating with Aulas who is like ADL 2.0 (Napolis director)

They free up the wage bill if they get rid of fdj. They are already getting rid of lot of players. Most importantly they get the money for Bernardo. We can only hope they frenkie doesn't consent to leave barca without getting deferred wages
Lewadowski was on 350k a week at Bayern so its fair to assume he'll be getting somewhere near that at Barca. Add to that Kounde, Raphina, Christianson and Kessie and thats a huge investment in wages alone, never mind the 130m in transfer fees and thats on top of what they already owe. FDJ gets them what, 80m in a transfer fee and 400k wages of the books. That doesn't come close to covering what they have spent on wages i would of thought and from other outgoing transfers only Coutinho would make much impact.

I have a terrible feeling that if FDJ goes to Chelsea Bernardo will leave and it won’t be on our terms. The worst thing that could happen is that this goes through late in the window leaving us scrambling for a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.