Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure you don't mean it but this comes across as a tad complacent. If we lose Bernardo in addition to Jesus, Sterling, Zinchenko and Fernandinho then we've lost a lot of the heart, energy, know how and knowledge of the system as well as being tremendous players.
Even if we replace Bernardo (and of course I hope he stays) he will take time to blend in as will Haaland, Phillips and Alvarez.
It's also slightly worrying that all these players have been with us for about 5-6 years and are now going at the same time (again assuming Bernardo goes) - maybe it's just coincidence or something else?
I am complacent about it as I have no control over any of it. I'm sure our management team are working on bringing in new players as and when needed. Really no point in getting worked up about it as some seem to do.

The players that have left are indeed excellent players but probably not first choice at City these days. People want a bigger squad without realising that it is perceived lack of playing time that made the likes of Sterling, Jesus and Zinchenko want to leave in the first place. A bigger squad would only make that situation worse.

Gunogan will probably also go next year. Mahrez and possibly KDB in 2-3 years. You can only keep a team together for so long without players getting a bit stale and wanting a new challenge. Others of course age and lose their effectiveness and a few will be unhappy with the amount of games they get. It will always be a case of rebuilding. Some seasons will just need more work than others. This is one of those seasons.

Why?
We've lost squad depth and pace from the team this summer

Are you so easily influenced by what you hear on twitter that you ignored facts?

Pep likes 17 senior players.

Currently we have..

1. Ederson
2. Ortega
3. Carson
4. Diaz
5. Ake
6. Laporte
7. Stones
8. Walker
9. Cancelo
10. Gundogan
11. KDB
12. Bernardo
13. Kalvin
14. Rodri
15. Foden
16. Haaland
17. Alvarez
18. Mahrez
19. Grealish

And I didn't even count the academy kids
20. Palmer
21. JWE

Only thing we're lacking in is maybe a legit senior Left Back.

But we should hold to our evaluation which should be upwards of £80m ....anything less and you start to question whether Txixi is doing his old mates favours
If Txiki decided what fees we accept you mean ? Of course if you mean Khaldoon and Soriano would rather do Barca a favour than do their jobs properly then in my pesonal opinion you need to have another think.

Are you so easily influenced by what you hear on twitter that you ignored facts?

Pep likes 17 senior players.

Currently we have..

1. Ederson
2. Ortega
3. Carson
4. Diaz
5. Ake
6. Laporte
7. Stones
8. Walker
9. Cancelo
10. Gundogan
11. KDB
12. Bernardo
13. Kalvin
14. Rodri
15. Foden
16. Haaland
17. Alvarez
18. Mahrez
19. Grealish

And I didn't even count the academy kids
20. Palmer
21. JWE

Only thing we're lacking in is maybe a legit senior Left Back.
A good point but let's not forget a small squad nearly cost us the title in the end when we ran out of defenders.
For me that's wafer thin and when we have an injury crisis there is little give in the system.

A good point but let's not forget a small squad nearly cost us the title in the end when we ran out of defenders.
For me that's wafer thin and when we have an injury crisis there is little give in the system.
Sterling, Zinchenko and Jesus wanted to leave for more playing time. A bigger squad just makes that problem worse. It's a difficult balancing act but a LB is all that we really need now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.