Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, absolutely nothing.

The ONLY thing said by Bernardo (and his agent has said nothing) is this quote from a few months ago; “I miss Portugal a lot. If I could go back in a year or two, I would. Not only because I would like to play for Benfica again, but because I miss my family and living in Portugal very much.”

No other source has said anything credible.
Thank you

IF we are to sell him (hope he stays atleast stays this season)

Sell him now ( at our valuation) , so that we may get a replacement - a quality one in time.
We were saying the same thing this time last year.

He has to stay, enough changes for one window.

I thought he only wanted out for Iberia though, basically Barcelona or Real. And if a fair deal wasn’t struck with either of them, he’d play out his key years here and retire to Benfica.

I personally don’t see him going anywhere..
The interview after the pre-season friendly where Silva cast doubt over his immediate City future has seemingly changed everything from the chasing clubs' perspective.

We already knew about Barça, but the PSG rumours won't go away either, from a swap deal with Neymar to now a straight €85m money deal.

The new PSG sporting director Luis Campos originally brought Silva to Monaco, & reports state he's eager to hook up with Silva again this summer & wants to better any offer made by Barça who are still struggling to register players.

I think it's ignorant to suggest Bernardo doesn't want to go, when there has been reports from very good sources for Barca and PSG news saying Mendes has offered him to both teams. Agents don't just offer the player without the players consent.

Before you say "twitter bollocks" Santi and Gérard are two of the most trusted journalists by PSG and Barca they are briefed before anyone else by the club about what deals are happening before any other Gérard for Barca and Santi for PSG. Example the kounde transfer saga/deal, lewandowski etc. They are in the same area as Berger who is briefed by Dortmund and broke the Haaland news.

I want Bernardo to stay but to just discount quality Journalists just because we don't want to believe it is foolish. So are we now going to discount Jack and Martin Blackburn for "twitter bollocks" as well. Works both ways.

We can't lose Bernardo at this late stage; and if we do it by pussy-footing around La Liga's most flagrant rule breakers it will be the bitterest pill to swallow. De Jong would have been an adequate replacement but that ship has long since sailed.

We need to keep Bernie.

Eek, normally dismiss these as noise, and I rarely think any single player is worth holding onto, but this one won't go away. He's the sort of player that looks like £80m is a good deal, but I just don't know how you replace him without having a bit of a dodgy season figuring out how we play now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.