Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psg would actually be able to pay 100m+ for him unlike the 20 year payment plan Barca would propose to sign him. I would like to see him stay but if he wants to leave then that's just what it is. We have seen great players come here to serve and when the time is right they either leave or retire. Kompany, Aguero, Yaya, Silva all played their part and left (or retired) at the time that they decided was best for them to. We would be fine if or when Bernie decides to go.

Why would anyone want to deal with Barca and a payment plan, they owe a player £17 million, what’s to stop them not paying City a payment next season and dragging it through the courts, they already seem immune from uefa rules, I wouldn’t do any deals with them and neither should they be allowed to.

Sorry to be negative but If De Jong is sold I think Bernie is off. He's making no noises about staying for at least a season. Just hope that it gives us time to get e replacement.

What I can’t understand is Barca can no longer pay the wages they once did. Hence asking players to take a pay cut.
You don’t have to be an accountant to see they are financially on a knife edge.
Why would Bernardo or any other player go there?
They dined out on Messi for as long as they could.
There is not really a modern day equivalent to messi and ronaldo who they could get.

I know we have this policy of not standing oin the way of players who want to go but frankly it's too late in the window for this shite. Just tell him he can go next summer (if Barca get their act together quicker than this next time). Not our fault that they have failed to get rid of de Jong and he's just going to have to suck it up. Doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who won't try his best when he's on the pitch. Also, if Barca do ever sign him, has to be full fee up front otherwise fair chance we'll never see half the money given they can't even honour the contracts they give out to their players. They shouldn't even be allowed to sign players tbh.

There’s only one city in Europe ranked higher in the Global Citiies Index than Paris. It’s got EVERYTHING people with money would want.

No beach, ordinary weather, too much traffic. I don’t think he’ll go to Paris personally. It’s also not what we promised him either apparently.

I know we have this policy of not standing oin the way of players who want to go but frankly it's too late in the window for this shite. Just tell him he can go next summer (if Barca get their act together quicker than this next time). Not our fault that they have failed to get rid of de Jong and he's just going to have to suck it up. Doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who won't try his best when he's on the pitch. Also, if Barca do ever sign him, has to be full fee up front otherwise fair chance we'll never see half the money given they can't even honour the contracts they give out to their players. They shouldn't even be allowed to sign players tbh.

Agree entirely. We should be telling him that he can go, providing a suitable bid comes in on day 1 of the window.
Barcelona obviously haven’t prioritised Bernardo this summer..
That’s what i’d be telling him.

Psg would actually be able to pay 100m+ for him unlike the 20 year payment plan Barca would propose to sign him. I would like to see him stay but if he wants to leave then that's just what it is. We have seen great players come here to serve and when the time is right they either leave or retire. Kompany, Aguero, Yaya, Silva all played their part and left (or retired) at the time that they decided was best for them to. We would be fine if or when Bernie decides to go.
PSG can at a squeeze but with Mbappe's new contract and them signing another midfield Silva would be out of their reach this season. Barcelona can't afford him this time around either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.