Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have just read the whole interview and nowhere does it say Bernardo is 'unhappy'. In fact Pep says the opposite.
OK, we've all got it wrong then & you're spot on. Apologies on behalf of myself & several others on this forum. )(

So Bernardo's doesn't want to leave, all the speculation is bollocks, & Pep's Freudian slip mentioning Barca in connection to Bernardo 2 hours ago is all in my imagination?

Also, replying to an answer about Bernardo, Pep never said if a player wants to leave & a club matches City's valuation, we won't stand in that players way?

I suppose I also imagined Pep being asked if Bernardo does leave for Barça this window, if he'll seek to bring in a replacement, or run with what we have?

I must be me whose stoned. :-/

"I would love to have Bernardo continue here - he is a special player in the locker room - but honestly I don't know what will happen,” he explained at pre-match press conference.

“If he stays it is perfect. If in the end he has to leave it is because football is like this, the clubs are in agreement and the player has desires.

“I would not stop the desire of people. When you are a football player, it is so short. You don't realise and then immediately it is over.

“They have to talk to the club and I am never involved in that. And when the club decides, for me it is okay.

“All the time we are here every week together, I say I want the best for the players.

“I want Bernardo to stay, definitely. Finding players is difficult. 100%, I want Bernardo to stay here.

“But at the same time, if you want to leave, you have an offer and the clubs have an agreement…it’s common sense what I said. I did not say nothing special. This is reality.

“He is an important player for me. Bernardo is special but I don't know what will happen. Manchester City, as far as I know, we did not get an offer, last season neither.”

Oh goody, another mind reader..
we pretty much know from multiple sources that he wanted to leave. dont think this is debatable or just a roumour anymore.

if we were interested in FDJ though, it would have probably happened some time ago.
looks like barca informed us about the interest and we told them we want cash only.

The usual flappers flapping over Pep’s comments.
He said nothing at all we didn’t already know.
Onwards.

Pep should come out and call Barca for talking in public about players that aren’t theirs the twats
Also £100 million up front you wankers.
If he wants to go it ain’t for footballing reasons, no chance Barca get close to CL. If it’s for lifestyle then he needs a serious sit down, he will be retired in 10 years he can sit in the sun from his mid 30s forever. If it’s money then let him go.

Last edited:
We've had his best years although those he has remaining would still be well worth having for sure!

If he goes we will be very short of creative energy and sending McAtee to Sheffield United is appearing to be ill conceived.

I hate to be too pessimistic but in the words of Martin Tyler "if we can win the title from here I don't think it will ever be topped!" is starting to look not a bad shout already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.