Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres no way Barca sell De Jong for 42m.

They need him gone. Can't afford to pay him €25m a year for the next 3 years as his contract guarantees.

I think they wanted €80m for him this summer, which they're getting no takers for, so apply some discount for Bernardo being only €100m and some discount for doing them a favour with De Jong.

It’s nice of Pep to say this at 8:30am to maximise the flapping potential on this thread.

However good Bernardo is, he will be replaced as and when he leaves.

Hopefully this is in a couple of years, but may be anytime.

Same. Remember when Pep didn't want anyone that didn't want to be here?

I love Bernardo but this has been going on for 2 years now, he needs to make a decision to stay or go.
Pep said in today's press conference that Bernardo is happy here and is ready for the new season. Just because he's open to a move to Barcelona at some point doesn't mean we need a definitive decision from him here and now about his future, he has three years left on his contract. As long as he's not moping around which by all accounts he isn't and is giving 100% which he always does then he can leave on our terms when we receive an acceptable offer and we've identified a suitable replacement.

The only thing that's been going on for two years is journalists repeating the same information we found out two years ago. I don't see why that bothers anyone, just don't read the stories. As far as I can tell, Bernardo was really unhappy in lockdown but is probably a lot happier now, however he's still open to a move but isn't forcing it because he still loves being at City. I've accepted that he's not signing an extension so will probably leave in the next two years but it doesn't have to be this summer if we decide he's not leaving.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s laughable now how we get penalised by Uefa for FFP then you get Barca, god knows how much money in debt, not paying there own players the deferred wages & Uefa / media are saying absolutely fuck all about it. If that’s the case can Newcastle now spend how much billions of cash & just class it as pulling leavers. Where’s Bild reporting on there shite

Last edited:
I wonder why we dont want De Jong at all..I think it is because he rejected us back in 2019 for more money, our club is staying well clear of him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.