Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. Remember when Pep didn't want anyone that didn't want to be here?

I love Bernardo but this has been going on for 2 years now, he needs to make a decision to stay or go.
Unfortunately he has already made the decision imo...If Barca makes a bid which we deem worthy of him, he will be on his way sadly.

I dont believe for a second he will leave but if he is allowed to leave for a fee that isnt representative of the fact guardiola has called him one of the best in the world then it’ll be a bloody riot.
Got cucurella going for £60m and fofana quoted at £80m then bernie is £120m minimum.
Would have accepted a lower fee if was a month ago and a replacement was in but fuck that now.

City need to put a final date on this and make it clear it is under the condition we have a replacement. If we lose Silva and don’t bring in a LB we won’t win the League / CL IMHO

The discussion that should and may well have been had with the club and Bernardo is
1) We are happy for you to go if we get the right price for you. LB’s for mid table prem teams are going for £62m.
2) Can’t be done too late in the window. Cut off point should have been and gone so it does not disrupt our start of the season. Happy to discuss move but now won’t happen until next summer.
3) You do realise Mr Silva that you may end up with no wages if you go to Barca?

I don't think much has changed. Have felt all summer that if Barca make an offer that matches his value then he will be allowed to leave. The major stumbling block is that they can't afford him. I think Bernardo is pragmatic enough to understand the situation. It doesn't look like we're keeping him here against his will, the problem is on Barcelona's end.

That said, I'm surprised that any high profile players still want to join them in the knowledge that once the next big thing comes along they'll either force them out or try make them take a pay cut. How they're still allowed to sign players when they are telling FDJ they can't afford to pay his deferred wages is v confusing to me.

I dont believe for a second he will leave but if he is allowed to leave for a fee that isnt representative of the fact guardiola has called him one of the best in the world then it’ll be a bloody riot.
Got cucurella going for £60m and fofana quoted at £80m then bernie is £120m minimum.
Would have accepted a lower fee if was a month ago and a replacement was in but fuck that now.

€100m / £85m for Bernardo and €50m/ £42m for De Jong the other way.

I hope City are looking at replacements on the basis he does go. Bernardo was unhappy during covid - as were many. But I think he settled down and enjoyed his football and time in Manchester again. His Mrs was possibly happier too.

Whilst he is loved at City by the players and fans, I think if Barca bid he would go. It's closer to home, warmer and will pay him more money. He's won everything domestically and I would be surprised if he would turn them down. He'd have made a statement saying he's going to stay otherwise in my opinion.

Whether Barca will offer is another question. They're still scraping around to generate more cash and I think they will end up bidding late in the window. At which point the club will still accept and will have no time to replace him. A swap with Frenkie De Jong is a good move if it comes to that situation. But we wont overpay for him or allow him to reduce the Bernardo fee just to help Barca, quite rightly.

If we do lose Bernardo then we have options, but we're light. Phillips doesn't offer the same creativity if he played centrally instead. Foden or Grealish could play there but do they have that discipline to control the pace of the game the way Bernardo does?

Problem is that weakens us and strengthens them

We should wait till we can find a better replacement. FDJ wont cut it
Yes, thats why I said it would be a downgrade. The problem is that basically any player we could sign as Bernardos replacement would be a downgrade since he is world class. So which replacement, better than FDJ, do you think we should sign if we end up selling Bernardo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.