Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
earlier in the summer tolmie mentioned that de jong wanted us and pep wanted him? obviously things can change but i wonder then if we got frenkie if that would stop any bellingham chase next summer?
I don't know, and I'm not really thinking too much about it as I think anything this month is highly unlikey.
My guess is next summer he could go and Gundogan, then we will go for Bellingham and a winger and move Foden into Bernardos spot. I think Foden is closer to Bernardo's qualities than De Jong is.

99% of the time I’m not a flapper, but my wings are starting to flutter.

Bernie is such an influential part of our team that it would be well nigh impossible to replace him, and imo FDJ is overrated and on insane wages.

Additionally, Bernie’s absence would leave us with a terribly thin squad for a very disrupted season. I don’t care who the replacement would be at this late stage, it would have a profound impact on our season.

99% of the time I’m not a flapper, but my wings are starting to flutter.

Bernie is such an influential part of our team that it would be well nigh impossible to replace him, and imo FDJ is overrated and on insane wages.

Additionally, Bernie’s absence would leave us with a terribly thin squad for a very disrupted season. I don’t care who the replacement would be at this late stage, it would have a profound impact on our season.
We dont have to sell him if we dont want to.

Would be a disaster if Bernardo leaves at this point.

He’s almost irreplaceable in what he offers our team, at this point in the window we’d be paying far more than the fee we’ll receive from Barca to replace him with someone not as good.

Hope Pep and the boys reject Barcas advances on this one. The mid season friendly at their place makes we uncomfortable, hope we don’t arrive to it with Bernardo and depart without him.

If people think that, with the season starting in two days, we are going to sell one of our first choice players with no replacement available then they need to give their head a wobble.

If people think that, with the season starting in two days, we are going to sell one of our first choice players with no replacement available then they need to give their head a wobble.

If Barca comes in and Bernardo wants to leave then I think we will. It's just the way City operate.

I think Bernardo is a phenomenal player but I do think we could stay effective and successful as a team without him. He does everything so well. Retains possession, beats players, gets into the right space defensively and offensively and is an absolute workhorse. But other than that what does he really do? Foden, Grealish and Silkay could easily cover him.

Barcelona still don't have the cash and are still struggling to register players
Nobody seems to be paying any attention to this. They need to sell about 3 players to register the players they’ve already signed, never mind buying anymore players.

And City go into the season with just Gundogan and Kevin for the two attacking midfielder positions? No chance.

We let Zinchenko go without replacing him, when we needed a LB anyway. We have Foden and Grealish who can play in midfield and we have the option of playing the Yorkshire Pirlo alongside Rodri as well. He'd be effective in pressing the shit out of the opposition in big games. I'm telling you now, the club will not stand in the way of Bernardo going if he wants to regardless of how that leaves us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.