Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I am getting tired of hearing this every transfer window. I love Bernardo for his energy and fight but he also has bang average games where he's almost invisible, the Villa game when we won the league being one. I don't want any player here who's pulling a face he has to stay. Bigger, better players than him have left and we've carried on winning trophies.

Bernardo has games where he's just exceptional and plays like anyone of us would wish to. Leaving everything on the pitch. Some of the touches and technique he displays are just outstanding. But like you say, he's a fan favourite because of that energy and when he does have a quiet game he isn't criticised. He's consistently very good though, there's no getting away from that. But I do think we have players in the squad that can see us compete still without him, albeit I'd prefer that he stayed. If he wants out then he has to go, simple as that. Gundogan will take his spot and is very effective, and in Phillips we now have someone who against the likes of Liverpool will be a real physical beast in the middle and make us less easy to run through.

To be honest I am getting tired of hearing this every transfer window. I love Bernardo for his energy and fight but he also has bang average games where he's almost invisible, the Villa game when we won the league being one. I don't want any player here who's pulling a face he has to stay. Bigger, better players than him have left and we've carried on winning trophies.

I don't think we get the best out of him to be honest. He's been turned into a box-to-box midfielder who very rarely gets to show off his incredible attacking talent and quite often is just a water carrier for KDB and Rodri.

There's some exceptional games like Liverpool last year, but a lot of the time he's too tired to do anything once he's done the defensive work.

I put in the Phillips thread I thought it would be a great transfer for Bernie because it would put someone else in that high-energy box to box role and let him get on the ball more, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to move somewhere he could be an attacking midfielder again.

Lol? There is only one way to read it. There was only one way to read the comments after his Portugal match. There were only one way to read the comments after the preseason match

I don’t want to be a bellend of a supporter but I also don’t want to be myopic. Theres only one way to read this which is the correct way.
Maybe you should look whose comments i was talking about...I was talking about what Pep has said this morning, NOT what Bernardo has said (which if you want to bring that up, is the typical comment that the vast majority of footbalers say whenever asked about transfers..infact its that typical its almost copy and paste!)

Yes, thats why I said it would be a downgrade. The problem is that basically any player we could sign as Bernardos replacement would be a downgrade since he is world class. So which replacement, better than FDJ, do you think we should sign if we end up selling Bernardo?
Firtly I think we should hold Bernardo for another year...selling him now is just ridiculous with 2-3 weeks of the transfer window left....we could end up with no one let alone someone of the same quality

FDJ doesnt want to come to Manchester.....we need to stay away from that circus for starters...plus he aint as good

On who? well god knows .....Bellingham next summer (though very different player)...but the key is not selling Bernardo this summer as we wont get anyone in intime

Every player that want
to leave. Hope Barca can't sell FDJ and won't come for Bernardo
No he says it regarding ALL players whether there is a report about the player or not..go and listen to what he has said this morning...and he has repeated this since his arrival. He says he wants players who are happy to be here, if they are not the club wont stand in their way to leave.....thats ALL players

I dont actually agree with that stance (allowing players just to leave if they want and not holding them to contracts in very specific circumstances) but thats just me

Bernardo has games where he's just exceptional and plays like anyone of us would wish to. Leaving everything on the pitch. Some of the touches and technique he displays are just outstanding. But like you say, he's a fan favourite because of that energy and when he does have a quiet game he isn't criticised. He's consistently very good though, there's no getting away from that. But I do think we have players in the squad that can see us compete still without him, albeit I'd prefer that he stayed. If he wants out then he has to go, simple as that. Gundogan will take his spot and is very effective, and in Phillips we now have someone who against the likes of Liverpool will be a real physical beast in the middle and make us less easy to run through.
I agree on your points on Bernardo

I disagree on your points on the squad......some of them dont have fight.... Cancello, Mahrez, Grealish to name 3......when the shit hits the fan up against the very best all 3 of those can be found wanting (some more than others)....
And two of those would get more game time if Bernardo leaves......

With Gundo. as good as he is, he is getting on and at times will start to struggle....same with KDB who we know goes through the odd patch where his performance level drops

Phillips....hope you are right....Not seen enough of him to know either way yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.