Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Bernardo is a phenomenal player but I do think we could stay effective and successful as a team without him. He does everything so well. Retains possession, beats players, gets into the right space defensively and offensively and is an absolute workhorse. But other than that what does he really do? Foden, Grealish and Silkay could easily cover him.
this bernardo is not that important to the team like some other players especially after we have already replaced his energy in the middle with kalvin. attacking wise his output is mediocre and not as influential.

We let Zinchenko go without replacing him, when we needed a LB anyway. We have Foden and Grealish who can play in midfield and we have the option of playing the Yorkshire Pirlo alongside Rodri as well. He'd be effective in pressing the shit out of the opposition in big games. I'm telling you now, the club will not stand in the way of Bernardo going if he wants to regardless of how that leaves us.

We let Zinchenko go because we are looking at buying a new leftback.

Phil has played about 5 games in midfield in the last 3 years, mostly against lower league sides so he is not going to suddenly play 30 games in midfield.

Grealish has never played midfield for us and probably never will.

So unless we sign a world class attacking midfielder in the next week, Bernardo isn't leaving.

so no , it isn't twitter bollocks

Could have outright said it - he is staying

Anyway - trust the club - if he is sold for the valuation city want + get a replacement

12 months ago Pep also said this:

“He's our player. Not just Bernardo, there are two, three or four players that want to leave. But they are our players under contract and when they bring some offer and their agents come here and they want to leave, we are open to discuss absolutely everything. But it depends on them. Otherwise, they will continue training really well, they will stay here and I will decide if they stay or don't stay. The players who want to leave know the door is open because we don’t want anyone here unsatisfied but they have to bring someone, otherwise they will stay here.”

And Bernardo stayed and went on to have his second best season in a City shirt.

He wouldn't say that for any a
player though. Speculation or no speculation.

Nothing in what he said concerns me. Nothing is unexpected either.
It’s interesting how we interpret the same words in a different way. When I read “but I dont know what is going to happen” I am seeing that something is going to happen and that Pep knows what it is but isn’t saying.

I can’t see how Barca are going to come up with £85/100m in cash but if they do I think Bernie is on his way. It would be a sad day but as others have said it means more game time for Foden and Gundo, with Phil is what is probably his best position.

Bet this season if he ever get performance dipped compared last season, many that stand by him telling him irreplaceable will turn against him saying that City need to sell a "toxic" player at the club.

And people still wondering on why we sold the player if possible because the player in question doesn't have the heart and commit to play for the club anymore.

Last edited:
To be honest I am getting tired of hearing this every transfer window. I love Bernardo for his energy and fight but he also has bang average games where he's almost invisible, the Villa game when we won the league being one. I don't want any player here who's pulling a face he has to stay. Bigger, better players than him have left and we've carried on winning trophies.

OK, we've all got it wrong then & you're spot on. Apologies on behalf of myself & several others on this forum. )(

So Bernardo's doesn't want to leave, all the speculation is bollocks, & Pep's Freudian slip mentioning Barca in connection to Bernardo 2 hours ago is all in my imagination?

Also, replying to an answer about Bernardo, Pep never said if a player wants to leave & a club matches City's valuation, we won't stand in that players way?

I suppose I also imagined Pep being asked if Bernardo does leave for Barça this window, if he'll seek to bring in a replacement, or run with what we have?

I must be me whose stoned. :-/
Apology accepted..

We let Zinchenko go because we are looking at buying a new leftback.

Phil has played about 5 games in midfield in the last 3 years, mostly against lower league sides so he is not going to suddenly play 30 games in midfield.

Grealish has never played midfield for us and probably never will.

So unless we sign a world class attacking midfielder in the next week, Bernardo isn't leaving.

We let Zinchenko go before we signed a LB, when we needed one anyway, and haven't bought a replacement.

Phil played centrally against Leeds last season and was excellent. It's the tempo that Pep is looking for. Phil is always at 100 miles an hour wanting to make things happen, but Pep wants that Silva-like ability of slowing the game down to accelerate it again. Grealish is similar in that he comes from a team that played on the counter at 100 miles an hour. If Bernardo leaves Gundogan will be the initial replacement and those players will have to step up and perform centrally.

No offer has come in yet, we'll see if one does. But Bernardo goes if Barca come in, I'm sure of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.