Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
We let Zinchenko go because we are looking at buying a new leftback.

Phil has played about 5 games in midfield in the last 3 years, mostly against lower league sides so he is not going to suddenly play 30 games in midfield.

Grealish has never played midfield for us and probably never will.

So unless we sign a world class attacking midfielder in the next week, Bernardo isn't leaving.
On Zin, transfers are very rarely straightforward at the best of times. We probably thought we could reach a £40m deal with Brighton so did not mind letting Zin go. It didn’t turn out that way this time. The Haaland and Philips deals went through without too much fuss.

I don’t see why the club should panic. A lb will become available and we will buy. Patience is needed but in short supply.

I agree on your points on Bernardo

I disagree on your points on the squad......some of them dont have fight.... Cancello, Mahrez, Grealish to name 3......when the shit hits the fan up against the very best all 3 of those can be found wanting (some more than others)....
And two of those would get more game time if Bernardo leaves......

With Gundo. as good as he is, he is getting on and at times will start to struggle....same with KDB who we know goes through the odd patch where his performance level drops

Phillips....hope you are right....Not seen enough of him to know either way yet

Mahrez doesn't have the fight in a physical sense but he's performed in big CL games for City, scoring penalties and big goals. The trouble is we like to see players throwing in tackles and those that do get more grace. Mahrez got huge stick for missing the pen at West Ham and for failing to pass against Real when we were 2-0 up. People ignore the fact he scored big goals against PSG and had set up our first v Real with a wonderful bit of play. Grealish has fight, undoubtedly. He showed that against West Ham and has done so for Villa plenty of times as well. I think we're fine on that front. This squad has shown it has huge character.

To say foden or grealish won’t ever play midfield is not accurate. Pep explained last year why they were on the wings. That they weren’t ready to play centrally yet because they needed more control and vision. More reps with the team will get rhat

Bernardo played wide for the first two years

The club is not perfect and criticism is never far away. Personally, the job carried out by Txiki, Pep, Ferran and Khaldoon is as good as it gets. Bernardo wants to try another country. Why? Only he can tell you. Cucu wanted to play for city but his club started an auction and the player is now joining another club. Every decision made by city could be perfect but due to extenuating circumstances beyond their control deals sometimes don’t materialise.

The squad on the whole is very nearly the most complete it has been for many a seasons. Lb will be added at some point and unfortunately a Bernie replacement. We will be successful as-long as pep is here but how successful will be down to the new recruits. Get it right and we win multiple trophies, get it wrong and our league dominance will come to and end.

I for 1 can’t wait for the season to start. What will be will be. It’s intriguing.

Same as last year yet they did it without an issue in the ned....they have just raised shit loads of money by selling off some of their future.....so they have the cash at least.

Not sure about the registering players bit but that was reported last year and they still got around it
Still the current situation is not as straight forward

Mahrez doesn't have the fight in a physical sense but he's performed in big CL games for City, scoring penalties and big goals. The trouble is we like to see players throwing in tackles and those that do get more grace. Mahrez got huge stick for missing the pen at West Ham and for failing to pass against Real when we were 2-0 up. People ignore the fact he scored big goals against PSG and had set up our first v Real with a wonderful bit of play. Grealish has fight, undoubtedly. He showed that against West Ham and has done so for Villa plenty of times as well. I think we're fine on that front. This squad has shown it has huge character.
And don’t forget that wonder goal by Bernardo v Villa, who was the player getting rag dolled in our box before passing to Jesus? Mahrez, he held onto the ball under considerable pressure before setting Jesus on his way

Bernardo is just on 150,000 per week. He will earn around 300,000 minimum at Barca. He still has 3 years left with us. If he signed improved contract he will be here for the rest of his major career. He doesnt want to commit more with us and he wants pay rise as well. I think he is underpaid as well. So of course he will be interested to go barca.
On top of that he has got mendes who wants money, more money.
£150,000 p/w I know wonder he want to go, when you see what some of the others are on, he should be on at least £100,000 more

We sell Bernardo the entire season is a write off. It simply cant happen. Anyone excusing it is a fucking idiot. Sick of bending over backwards for Barcelona. He has 3 years left on his deal. Not for Sale at any price is the only reasonable response. And pull out of that showpiece friendly aswell for their fucking cheek.

£150,000 p/w I know wonder he want to go, when you see what some of the others are on, he should be on at least £100,000 more

That’s his basic, he gets huge bonuses on top of that and the fact is that signed his current contract with full knowledge of his earnings and could indeed get another 100k per week on top if he chooses to extend by a few years.

I think you need to get real TUIB. I love the bloke but there’s no way that I’m shedding crocodile tears for a bloke on a basic annual wage of £5.2 million with huge bonuses on top of that and a wage increase on the table if he wants it.
If you want to feel sorry for someone then there are many that actually deserve it.

Edit; I made a mistake with the math because I misread and thought that he was on a basic £100k pw = a basic £5.2M pa, whereas he’s actually on a basic of £150k pw which means that his basic annual salary is £7.8M.

Last edited:
12 months ago Pep also said this:

“He's our player. Not just Bernardo, there are two, three or four players that want to leave. But they are our players under contract and when they bring some offer and their agents come here and they want to leave, we are open to discuss absolutely everything. But it depends on them. Otherwise, they will continue training really well, they will stay here and I will decide if they stay or don't stay. The players who want to leave know the door is open because we don’t want anyone here unsatisfied but they have to bring someone, otherwise they will stay here.”

And Bernardo stayed and went on to have his second best season in a City shirt.

That may well happen again hopefully

But i think he also stated, they didn't receive an offer last year for him , so nothing happened.

This year if Barca are able to rid of de Jong, an offer may arrive. Personally hope it is rejected by City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.