Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done for showing up your lack of knowledge on the club.

You think our director of football decided to join the Super League???

Fuck me that was Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon and Ferran. And they supposedly kept it secret from the rest of the club.
Pep didn't know, why the fuck would our transfer guy know?
They all knew, they miscalculated the City fans reaction. They thought we would all be on board and see it as 2 fingers to UEFA. Thats why they scrambled like fuck to backtrack out of it as soon as they saw the reaction.

I don't think we get the best out of him to be honest. He's been turned into a box-to-box midfielder who very rarely gets to show off his incredible attacking talent and quite often is just a water carrier for KDB and Rodri.

There's some exceptional games like Liverpool last year, but a lot of the time he's too tired to do anything once he's done the defensive work.

I put in the Phillips thread I thought it would be a great transfer for Bernie because it would put someone else in that high-energy box to box role and let him get on the ball more, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to move somewhere he could be an attacking midfielder again.
I agree with that and think he plays his best games when KDB isn't in the team.

I'm just wondering where he fits in at Barcelona and why they seem desperate to buy him.
They have Pedri, Gavi, Fati, Torres, Dembele and they just bought Kessie and Raphina, it just seems they are overloaded with attacking midfielders/ wide forwards already.

They all knew, they miscalculated the City fans reaction. They thought we would all be on board and see it as 2 fingers to UEFA. Thats why they scrambled like fuck to backtrack out of it as soon as they saw the reaction.
It's just not part of Txiki's job.

Sure blame Khaldoon or Ferran - they're business men. They are the ones in charge of decisions like that.

Whether Txiki knew or not he had no say in the matter as it is not part of his job remit, just like Pep.

too late to get Bellingham in now I'd think. Maybe he goes in the winter or summer but can't see him going now.

Dortmund were never selling Bellingham this summer just like they were never selling Haaland last summer when Chelsea offered £100m.

Their business model relies on regular big sales, it doesn't work if you sell everyone in the same summer.

2023 - Bellingham
2022 - Haaland
2021 - Sancho
2020 -
2019 - They got €120m from 8 players
2018 - Pulisic + Aubameyang
2017 - Dembele

Why aren’t we in for FDJ? They need to shift him to buy Bernardo. It surprises me that we haven’t heard talks of FDJ + x amount for Bernardo. I find it difficult to believe that Pep doesn’t rate him, he’s versatile, of the Cruyff and Barca mould, we have previous interest, does he hate the idea of Manchester that much? If so - Utd aren’t getting him, Chelsea look spent, so surely Bernardo stays put.

And they are Barcelona, they enjoy certain privileges with us. It's a Catalan thing, you wouldn't understand...none of us would.
Yet it's okay for them to drag our name through the mud when it suits them.
Fuck them, their whining about us have cost them any privileges in my book

Why aren’t we in for FDJ? They need to shift him to buy Bernardo. It surprises me that we haven’t heard talks of FDJ + x amount for Bernardo. I find it difficult to believe that Pep doesn’t rate him, he’s versatile, of the Cruyff and Barca mould, we have previous interest, does he hate the idea of Manchester that much? If so - Utd aren’t getting him, Chelsea look spent, so surely Bernardo stays put.
Because that would be like swapping Bernardo for another Gundo.

Paqueta, Fekir, Nkunku are much more similar to Bernardo. These would be who I expect us to look at.

I'd be tempted to bid for N'Golo Kanté if Bernie leaves, I know he's a very different kind of footballer but would be ideal in a double pivot with Rodri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.