Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we also lose Bernardo this season I will lose all hope. Looks like the Spanish bridgade is about to leave and is just selling all players.
Jesus take a break. Nothing suggests that at all. We are a back up left back away from the the most balanced squad we have had in a while..if it’s that big a deal it will get done. Ffs

I would go for Kanté.

The club will go for someone more similar to Bernardo.

Not hard to understand.

Of course I know we signed Kalvin Phillips.
Do you expect him to start in place of Bernardo?? If not then I don't know what your argument is unless you've been in a coma since 2018 and you think Kanté is still a holding midfielder.

-----Kanté/Phillips------Rodri/Phillips
------------------KDB/Gundo
Don’t think Kante would be suited to our way of playing particularly as a replacement for Silva.

We play a certain style and have players who have to be technically excellent on the ball, Kante has many qualities but I don't think he has that skillset for a top top player. Even in a more withdrawn role Bernardo is often found right/left of the box linking play exchanging give and go’s. For me one less ‘footballer’ in the side and a further deviation from how Pep likes to play.

Sorry last post came across as a bit arsey

Last edited:
So I don’t post every five minutes who gives a toss? You think I can’t speak my mind?
Half the team off and I’m supposed to be happy -Bernardos our best player, I expect pep to make him stay until he’s replaced, were weak enough -yeh Im a missery. hmmmmm
You’re in good company, don’t worry. Forum is full of miserable cunts.

€100m / £85m for Bernardo and €50m/ £42m for De Jong the other way.
The only way i see it happening is de jong going the other way so im with you to an extent. Not sure they’d accept those numbers though even though they should and that would be another £40m banked. Net spend fc.

Id have taken it a month ago but not now (unless forced). And if it was going to happen why wouldnt it already?

Barca have chosen to spend £40m on lewandowski, £60m on raphinha, £50m on kounde. If they wanted bernardo they could have done it, but they didnt.

I think and hope its all noise

Disappointing. Hopefully, a replacement will be brought in during this window.

With his words in the press conference pep has further fueled the rumour/news cycle for the next 4 weeks (peak will be during the friendly game) and it`s an unnecessary distraction for team during this month. Yesterday Laporta said that late bids will be made. Now we can "pray" the bids don`t match our valuation. We are in a passive position.

Something like "He`s not leaving this summer" would calm the waters. It would still give Bernardo the option to leave in the winter window to enjoy the Iberian lifestyle and give us more time for an extern/intern replacement .

This loss will hurt. Bernardo biggest asset was that beside his excellent skill set he pulled back his ego to do the hard meters/yards in the pressing aspect of the game. Such players are hard to find/afford in the market.

another thing with Barca you never get the money upfront with them it’s always instalments which they owe about 15 clubs money still from previous transfers & probably us with Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.