Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think Kante would be suited to our way of playing particularly as a replacement for Silva.

We play a certain style and have players who have to be technically excellent on the ball, Kante has many qualities but I don't think he has that skillset for a top top player. Even in a more withdrawn role Bernardo is often found right/left of the box linking play exchanging give and go’s. For me one less ‘footballer’ in the side and a further deviation from how Pep likes to play.

Sorry last post came across as a bit arsey
I understand your point I really do but:
A. I think Kanté has improved technically to the point where I think he is a “footballer”, albeit no Bernardo
B. He is such a dominant force in midfield I reckon it would allow our fullbacks to bomb forward at every opportunity and give our front 4 more freedom.
C. We would be replacing Bernardo’s pressing and work rate effectively

(Also apologies if my last post was a bit abrasive too)

I understand your point I really do but:
A. I think Kanté has improved technically to the point where I think he is a “footballer”, albeit no Bernardo
B. He is such a dominant force in midfield I reckon it would allow our fullbacks to bomb forward at every opportunity and give our front 4 more freedom.
C. We would be replacing Bernardo’s pressing and work rate effectively

(Also apologies if my last post was a bit abrasive too)

No mate, I got the response I deserved.

Its surprising a swap deal with FDJ has not gained traction.

Barca get the player they want without having to fund it via another transfer and free up a place to register their new signing.

We get a player who can play multiple midfield positions, holding, box to box and even as an 8 who we were previously desperate to sign and without struggling to find a replacement so late in the window. A player we have no doubt already done our homework on, lifestyle etc.

From the outside its the most obvious swap deal ever, but it does not seem to be gaining any traction.

I rate Kante highly but think he would have been a possible replacement for Fernandiniho, but now Phillips has filled that position I think we need someone effective at both ends of the pitch. Just cannot see it with Kante.

Re:the fullbacks bombing on I think Cancelo typically does anyway and Walkers is best served, with his pace and not much creativity, to cover at the back.

Need a technical controller, ball retention, to replace him in that case.. not many around."pausa". Not a dynamic ball carrier from deep.

Ruiz got some similar qualities but wasn't really known for that in spain, more like a final 3rd breakthrough player.

I hope that Foden can grow into that with age though. And he should start playing centrally regularly soon if not even this season already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.