Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two players we have lost in the past few years are Sane and it seems certain Bernie. Both of them subject to the most overt tapping up I have ever seen. In both cases we have let go because we are run by good people. That approach certainly won't stop like minded clubs taking the same approach in future. It is bloody infuriating. I'm not really sure what the answer is: Euefa rules? Play the same game? play hard ball on price? none of them perfect by any means.
Nice doesn't get us anywhere. Sane went for a ridiculously cheap price at the time and we cannot let Bernardo do the same.

If Barcelona want him, they pay the going rate or piss off. Just wish we were a bit like PSG, they didn't fold for Mbappe and they took Neymar off Barcelona. The arrogance of Barcelona and Madrid really angers me. The worst clubs in football.

Nice doesn't get us anywhere. Sane went for a ridiculously cheap price at the time and we cannot let Bernardo do the same.

If Barcelona want him, they pay the going rate or piss off. Just wish we were a bit like PSG, they didn't fold for Mbappe and they took Neymar off Barcelona. The arrogance of Barcelona and Madrid really angers me. The worst clubs in football.
Sane had a year left on his contract, was coming back after 9 months out and left for a fee greater than those brought in for Jesus and Sterling. I think the board did ok.

Yep lies, propaganda seems to make us think.. do players not have any common sense?

Bernardo doesn't come across to me as stupid.

He is not stupid but maybe he is a bit naive. Not surprising many footballer have this, most of them only care about football and why they need manager to do this kind of thing that doesn't bother their footbaling career.

Didn’t they just put Mbappe in charge though? ;-)

You're talking absolute bollocks mate. It's the principle. You can't just give in to a club who are trying to tap up our player and give him to them for a ridiculously cheap price.

If they want Bernardo, they pay the price he's worth and none of this add ons bollocks. Pay hard cash upfront!

Cucurella went for 62. Bernardo goes for 100m minimum or 60-70m plus FDJ/Gavi. What kind of message does this send out if we let go of a World Class Player for the same price as Brighton and Everton let go of Cucurella and Richarlison.

Makes us look Small Time.
"giving in" is nonsense. Its business. By all accounts he will leave if 100m euros or so is on the table. Double what we paid originally for starters. Some on here still don't think thats enough and are throwing out figures like 150m, complete waste of time even typing that because its not going to happen.

Whatever the fee is, its definitely not going to be upfront. The same as how we do transfers ourselves.

I couldn't care less what other players have sold for, congratulations to Brighton and Everton. I am sure they are going to do well because of it. Perhaps Brighton will sign several players and finish mid table and maybe Everton will blow it all on more crap and be in another relegation battle. What difference does it make?

It sends no message, some on here act as if the people running football clubs actually give a shit about it which is odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.