Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
A player who is open to a Barca move for family reasons but hasn't put in a transfer request and continues to give his all for the club and will knuckle down if no move comes seems like the sort of player that most clubs would give their right arm for.
I expect all professional footballers to want to move on, try something different, experience new surroundings after a certain time at a club. Prove themselves elsewhere. Is it his time? Probably not given their financial situation but it might be next season. Or the season after that.

If that comes to fruition then he leaves with my blessing. A player who has been a fantastic servant to this club. A player who has wound up opposition fans. A player who has given it all and won loads of trophies. For the club.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fucking idiot.
Bang on fella.

The cup of coffee........fucking legend.

I think the best thing we seemed to have done is name a price? £80m has been banded around and I’m sure Mendes has been told and Barca have been told the price so to Bernardo we have named a price for him to go? He’s not being held against his wishes as he said he understands city is a business and need compensated accordingly.

We're not a fucking charity. Bernardo had three years left on his contract. Pay what he's worth or fuck off simple as.

Hopefully this is the stance which the club will adopt if Barca try to make the transfer happen.

And considering the time remaining until the end of the window, without a suitable replacement being in place, then the answer should be a very firm no.

Just thinking.. if Bernie goes and assuming we sign a left back or two, do we move Phil into that box to box midfield role ? Can anyone see Cancelo and Phillips playing in that role so we’d have KDB, Gundo, Foden, Cancelo and Phillips.

Cancelo and Phillips would have dual roles, also covering full back and defensive midfield respectively.

Pep says he like working with a small squad. This way, he‘d have a number of players multitasking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.