Bert Trautmann - R.I.P

RIP Bert, a credit to the Blues and a real gent. Glad you saw us win the league again. If you can please watch the line especially in a champions league penalty final.

Andy Dale said:
RIP . I hope the club name the East stand after him as a tribute to a true City legend . I know we already have a statue of him , but I'd prefer it outside the stand named after him .
for me, with him being a keeper it should be the North or South stand .

I think we should have a Bert Trautmann and a Frank Swift stand.We could have them at the south stand and the family stand.

In this day & age, where the term "Legend" is used so freely, its almost meaningless, Bert Trautmann reminds us what a true LEGEND is.

A fantastic athlete & competitor on the pitch, a true ambassador off the pitch. A gentleman we could all look up to & admire.

Danke schön Herr Trautmann, a true legend of City & football world wide!

I have to say I never get too emotional about players passing on but with this fella I feel very upset. My dad goes on about him all the time and he saw him at his peak. just watching the tribute video on the club website filled me up.

RIP Bert a true hero legend and nice man

RIP Bert. A City legend, fantastic keeper and one of the truly unique stories in world football, if not any sport. What a life.

I don't know how much sway this site has and if any influence at all within the club but I think if we could get some sort of petition going to get a stand named after him that would be great.

As many have said, the word legend is bandied about far too easily but... Christ if we can't label this bloke a legend then no one deserves it. His story should be made into a film.

So, come on the powers that be, let's get a stand named after him...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.