Best concert you've ever attended...

dronefromsector7g said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
NQCitizen said:
Nine Inch Nails at phones4u last Sunday were completely incredible. Best live act on the planet.

Radiohead, Depeche Mode, Watch The Throne (jay z + Kanye) all at the MEN and Interpol at Empress Ballroom all 10/10 gigs too. Special mention for Godspeed You Black Emperor at the academy too - weird as hell.

I actually quite like nine Inch Nails, they toured with Bowie during 1995 to 1997 and it's one of my favourite Bowie periods.
I was really considering going but I'm not familiar with a lot of the recent stuff, but having watched video clips I would've loved it :-(

Yeah if there was one band to recommend I was going to pick out of all I've seen it'd be Nine Inch Nails in an instant.

Even reviewed it for DIY magazine, if anyone is interested.

<a class="postlink" href="http://diymag.com/2014/05/29/live-review-nine-inch-nails-phones4u-arena-manchester" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://diymag.com/2014/05/29/live-revie ... manchester</a>

Ramones at Belle Vue
U2 at Hacienda
and loads in Edinburgh as I was pally with the head of Rock Steady

At Tiffanys
[2 Tone tour
Costello
Siouxsie
Police / UB40

Odeon
Clash
Buzzcocks / Joy Div

Hoochie Coochie Club
Frankie goes to Hollywood
Violent Femmes

I was a bit emo / gothy when I was younger and had a special night watching Placebo at the Apollo. I'd queued all day to get in and got to stand right at the front where I sang every song all night. They've been bobbins for over 10 years now but their early stuff was really engaging when I was pretentious. My favourite band now are British Sea Power.

Was gonna start a new thread but I’ll dig this up instead 7 years on..
Went to see Noel Gallagher in Prague best weekend to date. Would of love to gone back in time to see the smiths live or oasis at Maine road also

Wow, that's a tough one! The Stones at the Free Trade Hall, ’71, were very good indeed. Any one of the five times that I saw Wishbone Ash would be right up there — a superb band on stage, who fed directly off the crowd, with probably their gig at London Roundhouse in April, 1972 topping the five.
But really, I have to give it to Colosseum. Saw them four or five times over a two year period. The best of a superb bunch of sets probably being the live album recorded at Manchester University, which can be checked out by anyone who cares to acquire it by fair means or foul. Once they started really cooking on stage, they were a staggeringly exhilarating group of musicians to witness. The line-up, off the top of my head, and without recourse to the dreaded Google: Dave “Clem” Clemson (guitar), Dave Greenslade (organ, vibes), Dick Heckstall-Smith (who looked like the headmaster of a group of unruly boys) (saxophones), Jon Hiseman (drums), Chris Farlowe (vocals) and weirdly, I can't remember who was on bass.
I was lucky enough to witness XTC's last live gig ever(the one in Paris doesn't count, Partridge fled the stage midway through the first number) in Lyon at the Palais d'Hiver. Well, he may have been suffering from stage fright, but you'd never have known it. Terrific stuff. Most of the songs off that unrivalled masterpiece, English Settlement.

Never went to the gig at Maxwell Hall, but had it on VHS. Mental concert.

Morrissey at Wolverhampton Civic Hall Dec 1988. His first gig after The Smiths had split. I'd broke up with my first ever bird the night before. Met some local lads on the train, one of which is still a best mate 25 years on.

Stone Roses 1st comeback concert in a Barcelona nightclub last year was brilliant. After the gig, they had a Madchester night in the venue until 5am.

Watched the footage of that Morrissey gig at the Civic Hall. It looked mental.

Good to see James getting so many mentions. I still go and see them whenever they tour and they absolutely never fail to deliver. Saw them at the Parr Hall a few years ago which was brilliant with only about 1200 capacity then again at Stoke Victoria Halls when Tim hurt his ankle and had to literally “sit down” for most of the gig. They still absolutely nailed it. One of the only bands I enjoy watching at the MEN too.

Wow, that's a tough one! The Stones at the Free Trade Hall, ’71, were very good indeed. Any one of the five times that I saw Wishbone Ash would be right up there — a superb band on stage, who fed directly off the crowd, with probably their gig at London Roundhouse in April, 1972 topping the five.
But really, I have to give it to Colosseum. Saw them four or five times over a two year period. The best of a superb bunch of sets probably being the live album recorded at Manchester University, which can be checked out by anyone who cares to acquire it by fair means or foul. Once they started really cooking on stage, they were a staggeringly exhilarating group of musicians to witness. The line-up, off the top of my head, and without recourse to the dreaded Google: Dave “Clem” Clemson (guitar), Dave Greenslade (organ, vibes), Dick Heckstall-Smith (who looked like the headmaster of a group of unruly boys) (saxophones), Jon Hiseman (drums), Chris Farlowe (vocals) and weirdly, I can't remember who was on bass.
I was lucky enough to witness XTC's last live gig ever(the one in Paris doesn't count, Partridge fled the stage midway through the first number) in Lyon at the Palais d'Hiver. Well, he may have been suffering from stage fright, but you'd never have known it. Terrific stuff. Most of the songs off that unrivalled masterpiece, English Settlement.
Some good musicians in that list mate. Dave Greenslade went on to form his own band. 'Bedside manners are extra' was a fine album. Clem Clemson played for Humble Pie I think. You have prompted me to go and listen to Colosseum.

Oasis at maine road for me, special mention for the stone roses at blackpool, also just remembered the prodigy supporting oasis at knebworth

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.