Best concert you've ever attended...

I've seen ACR countless times but their best ever gig was their 33 year anniversary at the Band on the Wall in 2011. All songs played in chronological order with all the lineups from over the years and they even had time for a Q&A.

Festival of the10th summer wasn't bad in 1985 as well. Throw in the Mondays, New Order and ACR at G-MEx in 1988 too. Remember that well as we'd just scraped a 2-2 draw against Shrewsbury at home in the afternoon. How times have changed.
Pixies at g mex as well. Blew the roof off. Gutted I missed acr anniversary gig

Reading festival 1975

Headlining bands Friday night was the amazing Hawkwind

Headlining Sat night was the very reason I traveled down.
Yes and Jon Anderson lead vocalist from Accrington.

And last but not least highlighting on the Sunday was Wishbone Ash

Packed the bin-liner and tent I got from the mothers Kay's catalogue on 40 week terms and went south.
Only a 15 year old kid and didn't have pots of cash to hand .
So thankful to be Fed and watered by the krishna crew with the biggest pan of hippie lentils you ever did see.
All you had to do in return was bang a drum and chant the same song loads of times over.

Remember on the Saturday getting piss wet through as the heavens opened.
Only had a pair of pumps and brown loafers with me and I lost a brown loafer in the mud.
Nothing mattered as the progressive rock ensembles that is Yes arrived on stage to massive acclaim.
One of the defining moments of my life

Sunday was Joan Armatrading Caravan and the one and only Wishbone Ash

So much quality and all in one field !

A veritable field of dreams for me and magic memories promptly stored to drive for future times.
The only thing we can ever take out of this world are our memories.
Far more precious than any amount of wealth could ever bring .

[video]

[video]

Yes in 75 awesome Mr Bob

Some other personal faves:

Springsteen at Wembley Stadium - Born in USA tour.

Queen at Bingley Hall - Day at Races tour; the gig that inspired We Are The Champions due to the crowd response.

Rush R30 Tour at NEC

Zep at Knebworth

Rainbow at FTH

Black Sabbath supported by Van Halen at the Apollo in '78

Kiss at Bingley Hall in 1980
Queen,Rush, Rainbow and Sabs all excellent live

Such a difficult choice.. but first thing I thought when I saw the thread was Underworld at Academy 2010. So many more bit I'll stick with that. It was epic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.