Best Ever Headed City Goal

Terry Phelan scored a belting headed own goal for us at Anfield
The 'Dunneymonster' scored a fair few own goals for us didn't he! Remember the one at home to the Rags and one from about 20 yards against WBA, reckon there could well have been a 'belting header' in there somewhere?

Earliest memory for me of any City match, West Ham away late 1973. Franny Lee puts us ahead ,Trevor Brooking levels and then I remember Tommy's grandad and City legend Mike scoring the winning goal. Watched it on youtube with Brian Moore doing the commentary, must say it was a very impressive glancing diving header past Keith Macrae into his own net!! (little did I know then that this would be the first of countless cock ups over the years from my 'sporting heroes')

Dave Watson against Ipswich at home I think, a bullet from a corner. Also Sergio's at Watford for a late win, the little bastard got above the giants and timed it to perfection.

The best: Dave Watson vs Ipswich '77

The most important: Vinny vs Rags!

One of my favourite memories: Derek Kevan regularly looping the ball over the keeper from pinpoint crosses from Waggy '63-'65

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.