Best goal ever seen......

If we are talking about seeing a goal when you were there I guess it must be this Rodney Marsh goal.
Sat in the main stand as a 12yr old. I can remember thinking wow !!

I might have seen better ones but this has stuck with all my life. The day before I had got his autograph !

His overhead kick winner vs QPR was even better.

If we are talking about seeing a goal when you were there I guess it must be this Rodney Marsh goal.
Sat in the main stand as a 12yr old. I can remember thinking wow !!

I might have seen better ones but this has stuck with all my life. The day before I had got his autograph !

How to take a penalty, put your bloody foot through the ball.

I never realised Asa Hartford stuck around played for us in Division 2.

We cleared the decks of the big names and high earners, starting before relegation and continuing that summer. Hartford was the only one who stayed on, with the likes of Corrigan, Cross, Tueart, McDonald and Reeves, plus squad players such as Boyer and Bodak, shown the door.

IIRC, we did have offers for Hartford but I think Billy McNeill saw him as someone whose quality would help us to dominate the midfield at that level and whose experience would be useful alongside the various young players who'd be in the side. It didn't work, though, as Asa got a bad injury early in the 1983/4 season and made only seven appearances in total (which is probably why you don't remember him being there at that time).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.