Best pound for pound boxer in your lifetime?

Big G said:
Fat Chance said:
'Ali was all image'.....'Hayes a glory hunter'.....

Hayes can have fight our kid, a numb twat can see that.....i believe Clay could do a bit...without curring out.

Not saying he cant, But i have got a feeling Haye would rather go around the weights picking up the lesser belts to create a record of X many belts in X many weights than find a weight and knock everybodys block off in that division, which he is more than capable of lower down his weight range.

No one his own weight or 20% above will come near him for my money, the answers yes and i take paypal.

Fat Chance said:
Big G said:
Not saying he cant, But i have got a feeling Haye would rather go around the weights picking up the lesser belts to create a record of X many belts in X many weights than find a weight and knock everybodys block off in that division, which he is more than capable of lower down his weight range.

No one his own weight or 20% above will come near him for my money, the answers yes and i take paypal.

you obviously didnt see what the cat did to him

LongsightM13 said:
Hagler without a doubt. Watched the Leonard fight countless times and he wins more clearly every time, despite all the advantages, conditions and concessions the frightened Leonard insisted on before taking the fight. Anyone interested in that classic era, also including Duran and Hearns, should ask for the book Four Kings by George Kimball for Xmas

Longsights onit....i was in the Apollo that night....they wer'nt pleased with the result. Hagler had a strong dislike for Leonard the golden boy.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Fat Chance said:

A bit previous Zimster, having a defeat to the most underated kid ever is just an hiccup in Hayes curve ball (in my humble opinion).

de niro said:
just reading this thread makes you realise how lucky we have been to lived through that period of boxing.
With terrestrial TV as well. Fighters like the great JC Chavez, Whittaker, Carbajal, Holmes, as well as home grown stars like Benn, Watson, Eubank, Honeyghan, McGuigan, Lang, Sibson etc were all free to watch at convenient times. Even Fight Night on ITV regularly showed some small hall classics

LongsightM13 said:
de niro said:
just reading this thread makes you realise how lucky we have been to lived through that period of boxing.
With terrestrial TV as well. Fighters like the great JC Chavez, Whittaker, Carbajal, Holmes, as well as home grown stars like Benn, Watson, Eubank, Honeyghan, McGuigan, Lang, Sibson etc were all free to watch at convenient times. Even Fight Night on ITV regularly showed some small hall classics

loved watching mcguigan, how good though was pedrosa that night, barry won but he was immense in my eyes.

LongsightM13 said:
de niro said:
I would add John Conteh,to the home grown stars.

de niro said:
LongsightM13 said:
loved watching mcguigan, how good though was pedrosa that night, barry won but he was immense in my eyes.
A great champion and warrior who went out on his shield.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Fat Chance said:

As he's gone heavier he has also improved, bringing abit of a change in tactic to avoid being hit by bigger hitters, get back down to his weight and he will roll some heads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.