Big Phil is back

supercity36 said:
vbr said:
PMSL. i can't believe you're trying to argue the point that because he has a better goals/game ratio than drogba did in ligue 2 he's going to be as good as drogba. yes, you're the tit if you're seriously trying to debate that.

such a huge prospect that he had a shite record in switzerland, came to city as another panic buy by sven, was utter gash for over a year, eventually managed to score in the uefa cup and a couple in the league and all of a sudden he's a world beater. had turned into "a major prospect" and "must stay" but was sent out on loan to portugal where he set the world on fire with dog shit performances and was sent home from a season long loan in december. yeah the lad has pedigree, must start the next prem game who cares if he's not fit.

but my point is valid isnt it?

The Cyber Goat said:
correctamundo! The guy is fucking shite, with a capital FUCKING SHITE!! Not on the same level as ANY of the current squad (perhaps Richards is as thick) people saying he is better than RSC must be on crack! He is a championship player at best! I know we like a shit player who runs around a lot, Christ we have had enough of them over the years but come on.. The bowlegged bandelero is pants! Would be a huge step backwards IMO to have him in the team, I would seriously pay up his contract rather than have him back- as I would all the Sven crowd we farmed out last year as they were all crap

when ade or rsc arent available do you wat to play fuckin benjani??

Devil or deep blue sea that one :-)
I would go for either:
A) go with our other attacking options and not bother about a "big un" up front for a short time
B) buy someone else assuming we are talkin about January
C) Give somebody in the youth side a go

We all have our favorites and our ones we don't like and I have honestly seen nothing in this guy to warrant wasting game time on.. The way I look at players in our team who people rate/don't rate, because we all wear blue tinted specs on here is "would they get in a top 4/6/10 team? " and for me it's a big NO on all counts so it would be a waste of time having him around "just incase"

supercity36 said:
The Cyber Goat said:
The only difference is Richards is home grown and we might get a bit of money for him

the home grown argument is one of the worst ever. id rather give the home gro try first but he ISNT GOOD ENOUGH. you think my argument is flawed, look at your own

no mate, I agree with u Richards is not good enough! Zabaletta however isn't playing very well, else he wouldn't be gettin a game! We don't gave an abundance of options at right back tho like we do upfront, agreed?

*scores a couple of tap ins against championship level teams after having the team hand the ball to him 1 yard out*
*labelled a world beater and the new drogba*

Hes fucking shite, next drogba.....dream on

people seriously thinking hes good enough for us need their heads testing, hes a mid-table championship player at best, id rather stick given up top than have this clown, by the way has anyone told him what offside is yet?

vbr said:
*scores a couple of tap ins against championship level teams after having the team hand the ball to him 1 yard out*

Still bitter about being proven wrong numerous times last season, both by Big Phil and posters on here? Bless.

Considering every single goal bar one he scored was either in the knock out of the UEFA cup or the PL that is a bit of a joke statement. And if you're classing Blackburn, Bolton etc as championship then you've obviously forgotten CRonaldo won the Ballon D'OR scoring the majority against this level.

By the way, "Hes fucking gash" doesn't count as an argument. And no I don't think hes as good as CRonaldo.

Fact of the matter is Big Phil scores goals, goals win games, we want to win games so hes good back up.

vbr said:
His goal against Aalborg was hardly a tap in out muscled the defender and rolled it in from the edge of the area very few strikers start off as goal machines and stay that way for every Fowler or Owen there is a Moulden. Caicedo is young and hungry and as an impact sub could do the business for us and while Ade is away I would certainly prefer him over Benjani

I had hopes for him, after his improving performances of last season.. But the fact that he can't pull his weight in the Portuguese league says a lot more than anything else considering where we are and where we aspire to.

Thanks Big Phil for winning a few games last season and all the best.

I thought he could be the big man up front we needed but he has the pace of an injured Corradi.

Be interesting to see if he gets the shout over smiler but I doubt either will get much more time than 'Thanks Danny' at Chelsea which is almost fook all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.