big update on Johnson...and more

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I did hang my hat on Mourinho, and for very good reasons. Despite the outcome, nothing I posted/told me to believe absolutely anything but.

I've put myself out there to be shot at - go ahead, make my day!

But sure there are enough intelligent posters on here to appreciate that not all things in football are black and white.

I also posted Kolo Toure was coming in Jan, sure it made me look stupid, but the reality of its happening was a lot closer to the reality.

I also hope it can be appreciated that, as a fellow blue, I also find it a struggle not to get carried away when I'm told things.

But it would be stupid of me to disregard the source of info I do have.

As a footnote to my original posting, I have never been his biggest fan - far from it.

But Garry Cook has impressed a lot of people at City in last fortnight, especially Hughes and chairman. He seems to be on a mission (prob because of Kaka?)

He is setting the agenda for so many clubs at the moment.

It's why we will soon be asked to join the G14 at the invitation of others, at the expense of Newcastle.

Now you can take that to the bank.

tip top postings.

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I did hang my hat on Mourinho, and for very good reasons. Despite the outcome, nothing I posted/told me to believe absolutely anything but.

I've put myself out there to be shot at - go ahead, make my day!

But sure there are enough intelligent posters on here to appreciate that not all things in football are black and white.

I also posted Kolo Toure was coming in Jan, sure it made me look stupid, but the reality of its happening was a lot closer to the reality.

I also hope it can be appreciated that, as a fellow blue, I also find it a struggle not to get carried away when I'm told things.

But it would be stupid of me to disregard the source of info I do have.

As a footnote to my original posting, I have never been his biggest fan - far from it.

But Garry Cook has impressed a lot of people at City in last fortnight, especially Hughes and chairman. He seems to be on a mission (prob because of Kaka?)

It's why we will soon be asked to join the G14 at the invitation of others, at the expense of Newcastle.

G14 doesn't exist anymore - disbanded in Feb 2008.

It is now supposedly known as the 'group of shared interest' - irrespective of titles - it does exist and was also one of the many topics on agenda in our meetings with both AC and Barca, recently.

I'd rather be in G Unit, myself!

Or the Bildeburg Group

He means the ECA

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Club_Association" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Club_Association</a>

That started when G14 disbanded.

Tricky_Trev said:
bizzbo said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I was tempted to use a big scary font for this, but I think I'll just say it quietly.

the g14 doesn't exist anymore dude.

lol. So should we still take it to the bank?

to be fair, he's a reasonable guy, not one to bang his own drum too loudly or throw the toys out of the pram, so I'll dig him out of this little hole.

the g14 disbanded over a year ago as part of an agreement with UEFA. Newcastle were never members.

however, the clubs involved became founder members of the European Club Association, comprising over a hundred clubs from 53 countries. newcastle ARE members of this, so I guess that's what he's referring too. If cookie gets us in there, that will be a glorious achievement indeed.

C_T_I_D said:
Why will it be a glorious achievement bizzbo? Whats the benefits?

Under a memorandum of understanding signed by UEFA, the ECA would be recognized as the sole body representing the interests of clubs at European level.

says it all really... the ECA rejected the 6+5 rule, secured payments from UEFA for appearances of players in international fixtures... at the moment England have five members, the big four + newcastle, if we get in, then it starts to look like a big five, off the pitch, anyway.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Club_Association" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Club_Association</a>

And why do England have less clubs than France, Spain, Italy, and Germany?

FFS even Andorra have two representatives....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.