Biggest Israeli Land Grab For 30 years

In light of this latest provocative move by the Israeli government, I would urge all right thinking posters on here to consider joining the global movement calling for boycott, divestment and sanctions against the Israeli state. This is a peaceful movement aimed at ending the apartheid regime in Israel and is supported by states, institutions and individuals all over the world.

The following is an open letter from Archbishop Desmond Tutu (who knows a thing or two about apartheid regimes) which was printed in the Israeli paper Haaretz. PLEASE read with an open mind and decide for yourself whether you can/will do your bit to address the endless cycle humanitarian crises. A similar campaign led to the downfall of the apartheid regime in South Africa (its worth noting as well that initially the anti apartheid movement regarding SA was met with arguments of "supporting terror" etc, much as today's campaign against Israeli aggression is).

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/1.610687" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/1.610687</a>

Thank you

Skashion said:
No6 said:
Skashion said:
Stop dodging the question.

Sorry to interject Skashion, and I know you're already aware of it (but others on here might not), but an occupied people has the RIGHT under international LAW to defend itself.
Yes, of course, but then the Israeli apologists are so blinkered that their logic is that the Palestinians not only have to be occupied, but somehow it's not the Palestinians defending themselves but Israel, the aggressive occupier, which has the right to claim self-defence. It's unbelievably twisted, and as I keep stating, I believe it's rooted in racism. No-one, but no-one, in this thread, would claim the Germans were defending themselves when they took reprisal measures against the populations they occupied, for the actions of their resistances. THE only difference is that Palestinians have engaged in terrorism by targeting civilians (and let's not forget that the resistances killed collaborators in their thousands). So, I ask any supporter of Israel, if the Palestinians attacked ONLY military targets, they would not be terrorists would they? They would be fully entitled to fight against occupation and they would be resistance groups who you would support wouldn't they?

You'd have no problem with me if Hamas wanted to target military targets exclusively.

If Palestine and all of its people got rid of every weapon that they own but Israel did not do you think that in 100 years there would still be a Palestine?

If Israel and all of its people got rid of every weapon that they own but Palestine did not do you think that in 100 years there would still be an Israel?

nimrod said:
BWTAC said:
And not a fuck will be said by the USA, UK, EU.

What next, Poland?

actually I saw Cameron condemning it only last night on tv here

Toothless posturing. Seen it all countless times before and each time Israel carries on with impunity because the international community do nothing more than offer hollow words. We're talking about sanctions and establishing a military task force in response to ukraine crisis; we invaded iraq over Kuwait; we armed syrian rebels agains Assad; we continue to do fuck all of any substance when it comes to Israel.

No6 said:
....Still no sign of the usual suspects.

Curiouser and curiouser.

This latest Israeli action mustn't fit with their righteous-victim narrative...
Please stop it, wives and partners might be reading.
You don't want to upset them do you?

No6 said:
....Still no sign of the usual suspects.

Curiouser and curiouser.

This latest Israeli action mustn't fit with their righteous-victim narrative...

Do you want a debate or to engage in a slanging match? A debate we welcome a slanging match we will not tolerate, it's up to you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.