Biggest shithole in manchester?

mackenzie said:
MCFC1986 said:
]

You must be mixing Leve up with Longsight pal, it really isn't that bad...unless i'm looking through tainted glasses! hope not!

This IS a possibility I admit.

But wherever it is...it's a shithole of mammoth proportions. ;-)

longsight i think because that is a shithole and looks like a bollywood film gone wrong.

goat boy said:
I work in Moss Side and it's not actually half bad imo. Drugs and gun crime problems or not, there persists a genuine sense of community round there that puts any council sink estate in Manchester to shame. It's worth remembering that 99% of those problems can be attributed to probably less than 1% of the people that live round there.

I think that's got to be true. I remember Moss side in the 1980's ( Nile club anyone?) and there were loads of decent people living there. The Saturday market was top class. It can't all have gone just because a bunch of kids decided to get all gangsta.

unsworthblue said:
black mamba said:
unsworthblue said:
black mamba said:
I once lived on a Manchester overspill estate named Hillock in Whitefield ....... at that time it was probably the best council estate in Manchester , don't know what it's like now though.
i live just round the corner from hillock mate.theres a lot of good people on there but theres also alot of knobhead little gangsters.the albert has been demolished so they all go in the other boozers which you can probably guess.

Aah they've done away with the Albert have they ?

It always struggled for custom even when i used to live there ....... i used to drink in the Elizabethan and the Frigate at the time ..... and sometimes in the Lord Lyon (i think it was called) too.
knocked the fucker down about 8 month ago mate.should of kept some of the dicks inside while they did it.the elizabethan(lizzy) ran by big city fan.lord clive still going strong.how could you possibly forget the dragon,just about still going.did you know a city lad (half caste) called raymond p off oak lane?

That was it , the Lord Clive , not the Lord Lyon .... my memory's not all it should be these days , and it was 15 years ago when i left there suppose!

Yeah , i know the Dragon (and i don't mean the missus!) ..... went in there once or twice .

Can't say that the name 'Raymond P' rings a bell although i used to play footie on those fields off Mersey drive with quite a few city fans ....... however i saw one of my old mates from around there at that Fernhurst pub at Blackburn and he had a mate with him called Ray , i'm sure of it ....... it could have been him.

unsworthblue said:
knocked the fucker down about 8 month ago mate.should of kept some of the dicks inside while they did it.the elizabethan(lizzy) ran by big city fan.lord clive still going strong.how could you possibly forget the dragon,just about still going.did you know a city lad (half caste) called raymond p off oak lane?

I know the area well, I used to drink in The Dragon in the late 80s, used to be a beltin' pub. The landlord of the Lizzy is a good mate of mine and a top bloke too, I used to booze in a couple of his older pubs (Red King in Whitefield and The Foresters in Prestwich). Didn't know they'd demolished The Albert. That place was always a shit hole, though the Sunday afternoon strippers were worth a look. Not been around Hillock for years.

As for the biggest shit hole in town, well it's got to be Harpurhey or Collyhurst for me. God awful.

Didsbury is brilliant,I love it and yes it is in Manchester. As for Moss side I went to college there and although it has quite a bad reputation the people you meet from around there are as friendly as they get, a lot of my closest friends are from in and around the Parkway and Hulme, round there really has a community spirit. But sadly around Maine Road in the past few months has really really gone to the dogs, quite appalling the way the council has litterally abandoned it, anyone taking a trip near Maine Road soon will get quite a shock at the amount of shit everywhere.

Swales lives said:
unsworthblue said:

I know the area well, I used to drink in The Dragon in the late 80s, used to be a beltin' pub. The landlord of the Lizzy is a good mate of mine and a top bloke too, I used to booze in a couple of his older pubs (Red King in Whitefield and The Foresters in Prestwich). Didn't know they'd demolished The Albert. That place was always a shit hole, though the Sunday afternoon strippers were worth a look. Not been around Hillock for years.

As for the biggest shit hole in town, well it's got to be Harpurhey or Collyhurst for me. God awful.
you're right mate tommys a top fella.be in there thursday i think.the strippers in the albert where legendary!

all very interesting to hear- when i first got to manchester we lived in cheetham hill cause we didnt know any different. our slimy landlord had a place in a new estate called 'cheetwood' which had an entrance off bury new road where all you saw was the new subdivision and looked really tidy..

well it took us a few days to discover the waterloo road and what lay beyond yonder..absolute shock at first..but must say we loved living there- spent a year and a half with no worries, loved all the markets and stalls and the people were really friendly.worst thing that happened was my mate got intimidated into buying a bag of 'weed' for 50 quid, which turned out to be oregano but at least our spice rack was full for ages!

i know this quite a way outside the city, but i found openshaw the scariest..what happened there?

and what do u guys think of hulme now?think it has cleaned up?used to walk and ride thru there and never really saw anything..anyone live in the seven sisters??

i am from sale n most of it is nice. sale always has the reputation of bein very posh but there are some bad places and some aresoles who live here. i have a huge scar across the back of my head from when i was attacked walking home (unprovoked) and i know of a few people who have been mugged. the racecourse estate had a bad reputation at one point but its a lot better now. i think manchester like anywhere has its good places and bad but i am proud to be from round here. hale and bowdon are the nicest areas but even they have council estates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.